*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1128586-Chapters-7--8
Rated: GC · Novella · Supernatural · #1128586
Whisper Hill continued.....hope you enjoy it!
Chapter 7


Screaming…such screaming. Luke opened his eyes as he felt the rumbling that jarred the castle around him. Ironically, he knew the noise was cavalry. A very large, angry cavalry.

As he bolted upright, launching himself off of the bed, he instinctively grabbed a dressing robe from a chair nearby.

Throwing open the door to the main bedchamber into the hallway, Luke was met with utter chaos. People he didn’t know were running from smoke in the west wing, and automatically, he knew what they were running from. As he belted out orders of evacuation and fled down the stairs, he burst through the front door, sword in hand, ready to kill whoever had set his grounds to ruin.

He stopped dead in his tracks as he saw what awaited him outside his front door. Men, maybe fifty of them, were all pointing loaded rifles his way. Lifting his own rifle, he ran toward the cavalry leader, shooting the man in the chest, and roaring as he did so. All at once the surrounding men fired and he felt his entire body go numb with the pain of the bullets entering him. Almost falling down, he kept running, fighting the men. Cutting down at least four more men, he yelled as a shot to the back sent him reeling to the ground.

As he collided with the damp English soil, he thought of his fiancée in London. He hoped none of these men found her. God, don’t let them hurt his dear Renee.


Luke started at a knock on the door. Funny, he hadn’t remembered a door next to the cot. He opened his eyes slowly as a second knock rang through the room. A small room surrounded him,, blue walls and simple white trim being the theme. The bed he was lying on was too short, and his large six foot, three inch frame was laid on his back, a light sheen of sweat covering his body. “Come in.” He muttered. Jesus, for the life of him, he couldn’t shake that dream.

“Ready for some food? I made some chili. You might try to eat it.” Rena glowered at him.

He knew she was a good cook, a pragmatist, a problem solver of the first order with a work ethic to kill. She was a driven woman, one who knew what she wanted and how to get it. But she didn’t know what she needed. “How did I get in here? Did you wheel me in?” Luke asked, curious.

“No, I carried you. Hauled you, more like. But I made it, and now you’ve got your privacy.” And hers too, she thought to herself. She had halted at touching him, but knew she had had to get him into a closed room where she would be able to work away from his charisma.


“Ah, I see. You wish to rid yourself of me. How nice.” Luke said.

She winced as she set the tray down and left the room to get a chair. When she came back, she almost dropped the chair. He was sitting up, his bare chest exposed. His long, dark hair was glowing with the candlelight around the room. The blizzard outside was blocked out by the thick blue curtains, making the nighttime seem all the more isolating. He was absolutely beautiful.

She set the chair down and laid the tray on top of it. As she uncovered a steaming bowl of chili, made from scratch, she almost smiled at the predatory look in his eyes. “Do you want to eat right now? I could redress your wounds first.” She smiled, getting more comfortable now he wasn’t stoic.

“Yes, I’ll eat. What is it you’re feeding me? Chili?” He asked, almost reaching for the bowl before she snatched it.

“Mmm-hmm.” Rena mumbled, holding the spoon to his lips.

As he swallowed the delicious concoction, he felt Rena slip down onto the side of the bed. Her warm thigh and hip lay up against him, her chest leaning across his chest to feed him. The heat from her skin radiated through her shirt to his chest, making him well aware of her body close to his.

Taking a good look at her, he realized he hadn’t really looked at her in this mood. Her olive skin glowed gold in the firelight, and her hair fell around her face in endless ringlets. Her formerly firm face had softened into a ghost of a smile, her eyes warm and welcoming. Her generous lips tilted ever so slightly upward. Her small white undershirt left almost nothing to the imagination, and her snug, cowgirl jeans weren’t much different. Long, slender thighs encased in denim were stretched out like a feast for his consumption. Her small breasts stretched over the top of her bra, just begging to be touched.

Rena was smiling as she turned back around to tell him he was going to have to take his medicine, but she halted, the alertness in his eyes, the tensile strength in his body telling her one of two things. Either something was very wrong, or she was in deep trouble. Thinking what kind of trouble brought a gasp to her lips.

Rallying her thoughts against the supposed enemy, she told him “Scoot over, if you can.”

As Luke levered himself a couple more inches, Rena sat, completely now, on the bed. Crossing her legs. She took the spoon she’d just fed him with and scooped herself a bite, then passed it to him. “You like it? I made it myself.”

“Mmm-hmm.” Luke returned, taking a heaping bite for himself. “Love it.”

“Oh, good. I was almost afraid you wouldn’t eat it.” Rena laughed and pinched his side, just shy of his ribs.

“Ouch! What are you trying to do woman, kill me?” Luke yelled, happily leaning forward to pinch and tickle her back.

“Ow! Stop it! Maybe I am.” Rena laughed, reaching to brush a stray lock of raven hair out if his eyes, her lips curling up as she did so.

Luke grabbed her wrist, a mere lift of his arm, and caused her to jump. The air in the room fairly crackled with a sudden tension she didn’t understand, but felt to the tips of her toes.

Rena looked down as his fingers began caressing her wrist, making warmth spread through her body. Her uttered gasp filled the gaping silence of the room. A grim look in his eyes warned her off saying anything more. She felt a little thrill of fear run through her as his eyes darkened perceptibly. As his fingers started tracing patterns up her arm, Rena found her hand lay against his chest.

And oh, what a chest. Rippling muscles bare to the air around them, broad and solid and warm to the touch. She was fascinated by his body, but it was his eyes that mesmerized her. Dark pools of mysteries, and those mysteries called to her to uncover them. Noticing that he’d stopped moving his hand turned her head slightly to look at him.

Luke stared into the emerald orbs that so amazed him. She was truly beautiful. Her long hair had been left to flow around her shoulders, her small, practical white tank top barely concealing the small, perfect curves beneath. Form fitting, low rise jeans left her tummy exposed, her long leg folded up Indian style beneath her. The candlelight around her made her petite features radiate with warmth. But her eyes were filled with something akin to confusion. “Rena?”

“Hmm?”

“Do you want this?” He whispered, gently framing her face.

“I don’t know.” She said.

“What do you mean?” He asked, curiosity overwhelming his initial regret.

“I don’t really understand it. I can’t afford to be with anybody right now, Lucas. I couldn’t handle loss or betrayal very well right now. Losing parents I loved was bad enough, but…” Rena broke off and tore her gaze away form Luke.

“Did someone hurt you, love?” Luke’s hand left her arm and moved gently to her chin, bringing her face up to his again.

“Yes. He did. I don’t want to talk about it.” She shoved away from him and left the room, slamming the door behind her.

Luke looked down at the discarded chili and picked it up. No sense in wasting good food.

Rena’s recent pain didn’t sit well with him. He began thinking how best to gain this new creature’s trust. She was an odd one, for sure. She hated money, didn’t care for style, and loved to read, sing and work until she dropped. And not just any work, either. She cooked, cleaned, nurtured, and rode a horse better than most professionals he knew. She was truly an extraordinary woman.

But how did such a dynamic, alert, talented young woman get burned by love? And by whom? Luke was determined to find out. And very soon.


Chapter 8


Rena was dawdling in the kitchen as Luke pondered her troubles. She had scoured the entire cottage again, making sure no remnants would remain. The blizzard had stopped earlier that afternoon, but the night would most likely bring only more snow.

As she was finishing up her last chores by the sink, she felt strong arms wrap around her waist. An automatic fire swept through her body and she tensed without thought.

“I see the broom handle is back.” Luke laughed as he played his fingers along her stomach.

“I beg your pardon?” Rena asked, her tone crisp and short.

“Never you mind, cara. You wouldn’t understand.” Luke said, nuzzling her neck as he spoke.

“Well, hell. I don’t understand a lot about you.” Rena huffed, frustrated she could give in to him so quickly. Her body was a traitor.

Luke smiled to himself as he felt her shiver. He knew she felt him, his warmth, his hands on her hips. He reveled in the knowledge that she wanted him. She may not admit it, but he knew. Just as he knew he wouldn’t let go of her until he was sure she was alright. He would end her pain, her doubts.

Rena arched into Luke’s hands a little more, feeling their hard warmth move up her rib cage to rest just below her breasts. She caught her breath, almost sighing at the awareness of his every move.

Letting go the sigh, Rena heard it come out as a low moan at Luke’s motions. She turned in his arms, smiling at the feeling of his hands spanning her waist. Looking up at him, her riotous feelings raged higher as she met his eyes. He was feeling every bit of what she was, and it scared her silly. But she knew she wanted this, wanted him. And she wasn’t going to run away. Not again.

“Rena? I’m going to ask you once.” Luke growled, aroused beyond what he’d thought possible.

Rena waited for Luke to say what it was he wanted to say. When nothing came, she asked, “What?”

“Do you want this? I mean, us. Together. Like in the biblical sense?” Luke muttered, still praying she wouldn’t run again. It was killing him.

Rena smiled. “Do you really think there’s going to be anything ‘biblical’ going on between us?”

Luke groaned in response as Rena’s hands slipped down his abdomen, reaching the bulge in his pants. Covering his hardness with her hand, and undoing his zipper with the other, she smiled again as she pushed them down over his hips to slide to the floor.

“Rena, you have to be serious. You can’t do that and run.” Luke husked, barely in control.

“I know. But I can do this.” Rena licked his chest, taking each nipple in her mouth, nipping and scraping her teeth across his hot skin. She moved lower as a growl emitted from low in his chest, nibbling his abdomen and kissing his hipbones. As she reached the heated swell of his manhood, she wondered at the size of him. He was all heated velvet and steel. She would have him. All of him.

Luke groaned and balled his fists in her hair as she slid her mouth over him. Sweet God in heaven but she was hot. Hot, wet, and extremely innocent. He had to stop her, but he couldn’t seem to remember how to talk. Groaning as her tongue slid over the tip of his engorged staff, his hands left her hair to grip her shoulders, dragging her body up his to meet her mouth. The first taste of her almost did him in. She was sweet, soft and open to him, just the way he had dreamed she would be. It was almost too much.

Rena lost all inhibitions as Luke opened her mouth to his invading tongue. He plunged into the deep recesses of her mouth, taking her on an intimate dance as he stroked her body. His hands roamed over her breasts, caressing them, fondling her nipples through the clothes still between them. She gasped as she felt the warmth of his hands touch her bare breasts. He had shoved her shirt and bra down, burying his face in her chest, rubbing his cheeks over her breasts as he licked and suckled and tugged with his mouth. She cried out, making low mewling sounds as he ran his hands over her hips and her belly.

“You like that, don’t you, Rena?” Luke growled.

A deep, throaty moan escaped her lips as Rena grabbed his shoulders, lost in his mouth and his hands.

“Sing for me, cara. Make your music for me, only me.” Luke pleaded, needing to hear her pleasure.

“Oh, my God.” Rena cried, digging her nails into Luke’s back, not even aware she was bared to the waist. Opening her eyes as Luke stopped his ministrations, she sighed deeply. Looking down at him, she met his eyes with a clear intention in her own. “I want you, Lucas. Now. I want to feel you inside me.”

“Christ, Rena. Do you have any idea what you do to me?” Luke grabbed her hand and put it on his pulsating manhood. With her hand still on him, he slipped her pants off to the floor.

Rena smiled and wrapped her tiny hand around him. “I did this? Maybe I can do more?”

Groaning, Luke sank to his knees. He buried his face in her tummy, wanting to slow it down, but unable to bridle his passions any longer. He wanted to taste all of her, and he wanted her now. Reaching around to grab her bottom roughly, he smiled at her deep moans. Running a finger over her woman’s flesh, he parted her, shuddering with pleasure as he found her hot and wet, waiting for him. But she wasn’t ready for him yet. Reaching back around to her wonderfully rounded bottom, he yanked her hips towards him, putting his tongue to the one place no man had ever touched.

Rena screamed with the pleasure of it, of his mouth on her. She buried her hands in his hair, feeling his tongue enter her and retreat, swirling around the sensitive nub and back along her waiting, wet opening. A tightening in her womb, a building of pressure made her sure she would burst with the pleasure of it all. And she did. She cried out again, fisting her hands in his hair as she quivered, sure she would collapse from the climax he had given her. Her first orgasm.

Dragging him back up her body, Rena brought his lips to hers as she ravaged his mouth. She was the one to initiate the dance this time, taking what she wanted as he’d shown her not minutes ago. Biting his tongue and stroking it with her own to take away the sting, swirling her tongue over his lips and holding his bottom lip hostage. Hearing his groan, she grabbed his hand and thrust it between her thighs, making him feel the heat he brought to her. “Feel what you do to me, Luke. I need you. I want you now. Give me what I want.”

Luke couldn’t help the smile as he lifted his head and moved his fingers inside her. Her intense green eyes popped open at the new sensation. Her eyes stayed glued to his as he backed her against the kitchen counter. “Lift your legs, love. Wrap them around my waist.”

Rena did as he said, using her arms around his shoulders as leverage to lift herself up against him. “Now, Luke.”

The smile fading from his face, Luke forgot all about precaution, all about experience and plunged into her. Tilting her hips so he got a better angle, he buried his cock deep within her, until he was covered to the hilt. A barrier stopped his entrance for a second, but Luke just pushed further in until it was no more. Then it hit him. He looked up at Rena in shock as she smiled at him and tightened her thighs around his waist. “You never told me. I could have avoided hurting you, had you told me.”

Stroking his back, Rena’s smile grew. “You did not hurt me, Lucas. Only took me by surprise. I have never told a man I was a virgin. It was a matter of pride.”

“I’m so sorry, Renata. I will make it good for you, I promise.” Luke moved slightly and smiled as she moaned louder, biting his earlobe and his neck.

“Oh, God.” Rena groaned, unable to contain it.

Luke thrust his cock deep within her womb and retreated, starting a primal beat Rena could follow. As she rocked her hips into him, he roared and reached his climax, all control ripped from him as she moaned her pleasure in his ear.

Squeezing her thighs tighter around him, Rena reached her peak as he exploded deep inside her, her orgasm ripping through her body in a violent current of sensation. Holding Luke tight, she fell into the gaping chasm of pleasure as lights exploded behind her eyelids.

Moments later, she moved and felt a slight soreness, but a pleasant one, tug at her thighs and tummy. Delicious, she thought. “Mmm.”

“You can say that again. Jesus Christ, but you’re tight. I had no idea it could be this good.” Luke said, wrapping her in his arms, her legs still around his waist as she held him inside her. She was so small, so beautiful and giving. So undeniably perfect in his arms.

“I didn’t know either.”

“I think we need to sleep. Come to bed with me. The bed is small, but we’ll be warm.” Luke waited for her answer.

“Alright, but I get to be on top if the bed is too small. Deal?” She grinned.

“Deal.” Luke smiled back at her, carrying her across the living room, and into the bedroom. Laying her on the bed, he lifted the covers, and slid in behind her, cradling her bottom into his lap as he curled around her. “Sweet Dreams, Doc.”

“You too, Luke.” And she fell asleep, wrapped in his arms.
© Copyright 2006 The Yule Lady (da_lady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1128586-Chapters-7--8