*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1129159-Seaward-Empires-Part-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1129159
Captain F'rael and his crew start a fleet that, in his motives, will rule the ocean.
Captain F'rael was a tall honorable man of good stature and respect. He had spent his entire childhood wanting to sail with his father, a respectful merchant, but now that he had accuired a ship of his own he had nothing to do with his father and mother, who state they will have nothing to do with that filthy scally-wagged nobody. F'rael had a small crew of ten, which was enough to man his small one sailed sloop, that were all loyal hands on deck and obeyed a command when it is first spoke. The sloop sailed in the vast blue salt sea heading in no specific direction, they left the port of Teathlan with a month's worth of rations, which took up almost all space below deck, and been at sea two weeks ever since. Captain F'rael took his place at the tiller, removing the rope which held it at a straight stedy course, Shouting orders about over the deck, "Pull down that sail tis' doing nothing there is no wind." yelled the captain. The crew rang in unison "aye aye". The deck was aloud with running and yelling, amidst it all F'real grabbed a passing sailor "Man the tiller while I observe the sea" said the captain. The sailor nodded his head and ran to the tiller, while the captain ran to the stern and jumped upon the rail, and removed the spyglass out of his wardrobe. Then he started to scan the ocean for any sign of ship or land, nothing, or he thought nothing until he spied a small blotch on the horizon, then as they got closer he noticed it was a small island, and even better he saw a few buildings and a village, but the best of all he ships not just small merchant sloops, but naval,three masted war ships. "Well me hearties we will have a fleet soon enough," he began, "land ho mates prepare to dock". Well Well my loyal readers thank you for joining my first chapter in this seaworthy tale, keep reading and bare with me.
© Copyright 2006 whiteraven (tank40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1129159-Seaward-Empires-Part-1