*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1129462-Seaward-Empires-Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1129462
Captain F'rael reaches the island but the question is will he get his fleet.
"All men to the riggings get those sails open there is enough wind to carry us to tha' island over there" bellowed F'rael as he stepped down from the rail of the ship. The deck once again rang with the sound of yelling and running. F'rael walking at a straight line to the tiller, dismissing the crewman he had gathered early, and lashing the tiller at the direction of the island. The captain watched as the ship turned it's nose to where it was pointing directly at the island. The small sloop sped through the water, as the combined speed of the sail and rowers propelled it at a satisfying speed. Creatures of the deep gathered at the point of the ship riding the waves it created. F'rael's pet traethan, a small winged snake-like creature, flew and pertched itself upon his shoulder and hissed happily. "Thisss isss mosst unussual my massster, what iss the reassson we approach thiss island," asked the creature making nearby sailors cringewith it's smooth alomost trance-like voice gave an unnatural echo through the salty sea air. The captain had gained the creature while on a raid two years earlier on the island of Tathloan, a small nearly uninhabited island that was filled with deadly creatures that were created in the time of the "Arsoean" or the Great Ocean War. "I have need of more supplies and maybe if I am lucky, plunder, and if fate shines brightly upon me, one or two war ships and maybe a small merchant ship I could use for scouting." explained the captain as he told his men the plan that he had made. They were all to say that they were merchants looking to sell there goods and they were to unload the rest of the rations from below decks and pretend to be selling them but to make unreasonable prices so that no one would take the items and if they made a scene, to be taken below and killed, while he went into the village and found out how long the warships were in dock and who they belonged to and his first mate would purchase supplies. However afterward when all was done they would take the ships and kill all on the island having no mercy, and taking the plunder they needed. The ship sailed smoothly up to an empty docking space and the sailors threw out ropes to be fastened to the dock so that they would stay safely at port protected against the current. "So it begins" said the captain. Here ends the second part of my seabound tale hopefully you will keep reading my work.
© Copyright 2006 whiteraven (tank40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1129462-Seaward-Empires-Part-2