*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1129570-Six-Sided-Sin-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1129570
Demon Slayer series died of a horrible plot disease... This ones crazier... just R&R!
_Six Sides of Sin Series_
_Book 1: Sin Is In!_
By: The Dark One!
Intro page: “My Life!”
By: The Dark One!

With darkness surrounding,
My head is pounding.
The whirlwind unending,
My mind is lending
To those whose souls I kept.
Their ghosts never slept.
Never to heaven,
My mind uneven.
My heart is shattered,
My brain is scattered.
When five you carry,
Nothing is merry
For Darkness abounds.
Looking around,
There’s nothing to see,
But a sea to see inside of me.
This is my life,
And in my strife
There's nothing to grab hold,
My body's growing old.
My mind stays the same,
never allowing change.
For five's not alive
It's death by a knife. ~Sin, describing himself



Chapter 1: Six Sided Sin!



The wind flew around the dark, looming skyscraper that night, almost forcing the door behind him closed. He fought to keep it from slamming, and succeeded, with little effort. He lowered his briefcase and opened the case, to reveal his handmade, shiny, 0.42 pistol; fitted to his hand alone. Lying in pieces, in the cotton lined case, right above the ammo and the revolver, a large, sniper rifle, capable of shooting 12” elephant rounds into a beetle a mile away. This would be all his weapons for tonight, a small set, but it would be all he needed… so he thought.
The darkness and the wind were his friends until he saw the shadows above him start to flutter. He looked up, just in time to see a bright red glow and get the coveted bullet between the eyes before he fell down. The mysterious man landed on the platform in the middle of Las Vegas. He put up his silenced revolver, old school style, an eight-shot, pull hammer, shiny silver, rolling cartridge model. He had coveted the revolver since his childhood. He bent down and picked up the revolver belonging to the, now dead, mercenary. He checked the cartridge, three bullets; that meant three dead bodies inside, he knew this would be a hard mission when he took it, but this was beyond anything he could have foreseen.
He stopped for two minutes, staring off into the starry sky, then he lifted one gloved hand and removed the silencer on the pistol, he would not need to be quiet and he wouldn’t waste a good gun accessory. He kicked open the door to gain access to the upper building. He put on his game face, Sin is catching up to you! he tough maliciously. He started to walk through the hallways, knowing exactly where he was going. It was a good time for the man named Sin to go to work. It was a good time… to die.
The first one was a guard, who just happened to be in the wrong building at the wrong time, Sin used the pistol and put a bullet in his temple, Time to hurry! He started to move faster, pistol ready, left hand hanging near his own revolver. The next person was a civilian he saw about two minutes later, he knocked her unconscious from behind, not wanting any unnecessary blood on his gloves. This certainly would be a hard assignment, three men to kill and all the guards to kill or get past on his way in, and out. Now they were probably finding the dead guard, he had to move faster, much faster!
Sin was turning the corner to his first objective, a hired gunman nicknamed Darkshot. His reputation included the takedown of the entire Blood-red gang, 56 men in an hour; the slaughter ended at midnight, hence his handle. Sin had to take this man out fast, this could prove to be a problem in his current state. Gotta change to Jonathan, he’d love this fox hunt! HEY! Johnny! Wanna play? Why do you need me, now?
The second voice came through like a banjo through a glass wall, just able to work out that the accent was completely different from the Sin on the surface. The Sin out now sounded southern and uneducated, the Sin inside had a smart, northern accent that was straight and to the point. We gotta fox hunt, three guys to black out and about twelve guards to dodge, a pistol in our hand and our revolver on our belt. Times running down fast, how ‘bout it, Johnny? Sound like fun don’t it? Sure, just give me a second to prepare for our little party!
The second voice was coming through louder now, and the first was starting to fade a little bit. It was time to change! Sin’s mind lit up, for a second, all he could see was white light, then the hallway came back into focus… kind of. The Sin on the surface now reached into his vest pocket and pulled out a pair of glasses. Can‘t kill if I can’t see! Wish George would have saved some time and done this himself! But then again, I’m talking about George! Not funny, and unless you wanna see your own head roll on the floor, you better shut up!
Now George’s voice came in quiet and Jonathan’s voice was the loudest. First of all, we have the same head, you imbecile! he thought to George as he started to walk, Secondly, our eyes are in our head, so I couldn’t see it anyway! Shut up an do your job Johnny! We ain’t got no time! There’s always time. He started moving faster in spite of his own words. His head started to ache as he gained the memories that his mind now held that it had not before. I’ve been out for too long! Haven‘t had a head like this for about a year! Damn this always hurts!
He kept moving and watching while his head throbbed, finally his headache died down. Just in time too, a group of guards turned the corner up ahead and he raised the pistol, he also reached for a grenade. The first guard looked around to get a bullet in his temple, quick and easy kill spot.
The grenade came next, the other guards jumped back to try and run as Jonathan ran right past them, picking up the grenade that had not even been set to explode as he went, laughing. The guards figured out what happened and started to follow just in time to step on the same grenade, this time though, it was set! Jonathan came back to that corner about four seconds later, just time enough for any living guards to run like chickens! I’m too smart for my own good! he jumped down the hole in the floor and landed right outside the room that his prey was supposed to be occupying. Sin shot off the door handle to see if any bullets came back through the door, as he stood out of the way. When none did, he kicked the door in and fired a shot at the spot he had calculated for the lights. His calculation was correct, and the room went black as the door bounced off the wall and closed again.
“What‘s the matter, Darkshot? I thought you liked to kill in the dark.” he mocked as he heard the mercenary inside scrambling, desperately to find where his stalker was. Sin heard a shot go off somewhere near the bedroom of Darkshot’s current residence. Sin pointed and fired at his calculated spot, again. His aim was not to kill Darkshot, just to scare him; but he heard the grunt and angry shouts of a wounded man, not mortally wounded though.
Sin heard more shots fired from inside, coming closer to the door. This was exactly what Sin wanted, Darkshot now thought that Sin was somewhere inside of the room, when he was waiting out in the hall. The door came open and Darkshot got shot, right in his kidney. “Holy mother of Christ, YOU SON OF A BITCH! Ah, damn you! Who do you think you are to think you could trick me?” Darkshot was pissed and scared, and that was what Jonathan wanted.
“The name is Jonathan Dolandin. But you probably know us as ‘Six Sided Sin‘!” Jonathan could see the recognition and fear dawn, yet again, on the face of Darkshot. “You‘ve killed many innocent people in your life, Darkshot. Committed many sins, but now you know that Sin caught up to you! Goodbye, bitch!” Darkshot tried to crawl away, but he got a bullet in his spine, right under the nape of his neck. “Now lay there and bleed to death like a good little boy! While you‘re at it, you might want to try praying, then maybe you can keep from seeing me again in Hell!”
His first target down, Jonathan walked away to hunt his next victim, the woman nicknamed, Crimson. Her name was earned when she was arrested after her first job. She was covered in blood when they found her lying in a back alley, laughing. She went insane shortly after, and now she is a notorious gun for hire. She was deadly because of her insanity, but no one was crazier than Six Sided Sin! The skyscraper had a large bar in the lower level and had a very large space upstairs that had twenty rooms for rent, mostly only people who worked at night rented the rooms. This was ideal for Sin to hunt here at night. Only two more mercenaries to black out.
He came across more guards, standing outside the room of Crimson, not a good thing. He had to take them out without alerting his prey, but he didn’t have the time to do it. Time for a little ingenuity! Let’s see… as he thought he placed his hands together, with only the first two fingers of each hand raised, the other fingers crossed over each other. He had developed this habit very early on in life, long before he was hunted, it helped him focus. That should take out two of the guards, but the third could still warn her! that’s when another guard came around the corner behind him. He heard the guard before he saw him. He drew on instinct, without even thinking about it he raised the gun to the guards head, then he stopped to think. “Hey, buddy! Want to get a reward? Hehehehehe! ”
The other guards were talking to each other about how they would never see any action if he stood in one place all night. Then they saw another guard come running around the corner, screaming “He‘s around that corner!” he pointed at the corner where he had just run from, “He tried to threaten me to get you to go over there!” he pointed to the other end of the hall, “Stop him before he shoots me!” He was hysterical, he was so scared he had forgotten that he had his own gun on his belt. The other guards immediately sprang into action, running towards the corner the guard had come from.
The last guard assigned to Crimson’s room stayed to console a crying guard, but he wasn’t crying anymore, he was laughing now. The last guard stepped over to see what was funny, and he saw it right before it buried itself in his throat. The shiny, pearl-handled knife was a real riot when it was all Sin needed to get to his target… the knife and a couple of thin wires, mercenaries called it blade-line wire. So small it could cut through metal and so easy to set up when you have the gloves, it was no wonder Jonathan preferred to use it as a silent trap.
The guards ran around the corner so fast that they both had their feet lopped off by blade-line wire, and as they fell their vocal cords were sliced by more wire. They bled to death in silence, watching another guard, naked except for his underwear, struggle against his own blade-line trap. The naked guard was trying to reach a single line of the wire, a line that was placed so he could kill himself swiftly. That was the gift Jonathan gave to him in exchange for his clothes. For the others it was a slow and excruciating death, that was what Jonathan preferred.
The razor wire had been set up on both sides of the hall, creating a barricade for Jonathan to work unhindered. He had barely been able to get through himself, and he had set it up. He would have to cut the wire to get back out, but that was okay, he only needed it for a few more minutes. He decided on a hunting plan and got ready when he ran into a fallen tree. Jonathan often used these kinds of metaphors to describe his situations, in this case it meant that he had a plan but he had run into a problem in carrying it out. Crimson came out of her room, carrying a semi-auto in one hand and a knife in the other!
“Where are the other guards?” She immediately realized the missing pieces from her protection.
“He came by earlier, the others chased him, they asked me to stay here until more protection arrives.” Thankfully the door opened in just the right fashion to cover up the dying guard behind. He was so ecstatic that his plan was not falling apart he found it hard to keep a straight face, but he just barely managed.
“What is their ETA?” This girl doesn’t miss a beat! Two minutes!
“The others said that they should be up here in two minutes or less. Is that satisfactory ma‘am?” He almost smiled, yet again, at his own luckiness. She looked like she expected about two minutes from the lazy guards around here.
“Sounds about right. Would you mind if I stood out here too?” Uh-oh, there was another tree about to fall, this one was pretty big too.
“That wouldn‘t be very advisory ma‘am. If he comes back he would have an immediate clear shot at you, I‘ve been told not to slack off one bit. He‘s supposed to be good, but I think they‘re overreacting. It‘s just one man!” He didn’t like talking down about himself, but he saw it as a necessary sacrifice. Then he saw her face…
“You obviously don‘t know much about who this is.” Her face suddenly set in stone, her mouth drawn thin and taught in worry.
“Does it really matter? It‘s one man, with our guards, and you packing heat like that,” he motioned at her semi-automatic pistol, a very large and extravagant model, painted red, “we should…” He slowed down, to get her attention away from her own gun. “Lose like dogs!” He grabbed the hand that held her gun and twisted, drawing his own and shooting her other arm, to immobilize both her weapons. “Got you, you retarded bitch!”
He turned her head so she could see the bleeding guard behind the door. She had not screamed, she was too conditioned for that, but the dying man threw her into a limp state. She fell to one knee, Jonathan became alert, this was bad. She was changing to her other personality, the one that earned the name Crimson. She jerked violently as her memories came back, she was not jerking out of pain, it was too calculated for that. She was trying to scare him or get away, he gripped tighter, making her arm useless.
“Trying to throw me by changing won‘t work. I‘m not just another mercenary that you scare into killing themselves, Crimson! I‘m Six Sided Sin, bitch! I earned that name, not from killing six people, that stupid shit is just a rumor! I‘m like you, only I‘m crazier than you‘ve ever dreamed you were. I‘ve really got SIX personalities!” she stopped trying to squirm and started listening now. “They said that this many would drive us all insane, but we were all too strong for that. The torture we endured, before this, was enough to make our souls iron clad.” her eyes widened as she wondered what he meant by that, “You can decide if I’m crazy or not if you live that long, but I do know that I’m the smartest mercenary that you’ll ever meet, mostly because you won’t live to meet our center. Goodbye, Crimson, I thought you might like a story before I tuck you into your permanent bedtime, bitch! Sin is in!”
He ripped the gun out of her hand as she sat in wonder at her own stupidity. The jerk on the gun woke her up, however, she pulled her arm from his grip and ran from him. He fired after her, just to scare her and keep her running. She turned the corner, he smiled, she ran into the blade-line wire, cutting herself to pieces… literally, her legs came off, right before her head. He followed, still smiling, “It must take real dedication to get that stupid. They say that you have ten seconds before you die if you‘re decapitated, so I‘d just like to say that you did not live up to your reputation as a hunter. The second the tables turned, you flipped out, lost your head, and then… well, you really lost your head, I said it earlier, goodbye bitch. See you in Hell.” He pulled out his blade and began to cut the wire so he could take out his last piece of prey.
The last leg of a hunt is always the hardest, this was going to be especially true when he had to go head to head with the leader of the notorious three man group of mercenaries, aptly dubbed The Demons. With two down and one to go, he would be on edge, watching for anything suspicious. Nicknamed Broken Soul, he was one of the most deadly mercenaries ever heard of, this was not luck, he was literally that good, and Sin would have to take him out. First he had to change clothes, the guard uniform was covered in blood, he would be killed on sight, if he wore this.
He changed back into his own clothes, a black T-shirt, black pants, and a vest that was filled with hand-to-hand weapons. He was doing alright so far, but he was the hunted now. He needed to get back on top and become the hunter to complete the last leg of this hunt. He estimated that he had about three minutes to escape, if all went well. He couldn’t play around anymore; the others could only hire minimal protection, but Broken Soul would be able to hire as many guards as he wanted, and then some. He had no map to get past that many, well trained, heavily armed guards. Not as Jonathan; but maybe, just maybe he could finish this as someone else. He had to think fast.
This would be a two sided hunt, with him hunting his prey, and his prey’s friends hunting him. I might need some reinforcements, or this might get ugly for me. Who could do it? We have got to move fast and kill faster. George would take his sweet time. I can’t take him out that fast. No way Central would do it. Three down. Colin might, but that’s stretching it. Messing with their heads won’t help in as short a time as we need. I won’t even ask Shadow! That leaves… damn! Jake, you self-centered bastard, you are our only chance! He crossed off the six personalities of Sin as he ran to his next objective.
I’ve got to make a move fast, if I’m goin to make one at all… GREAT! Now I am so stressed that I am talking like George! Got to keep my head straight. Jake is our only hope! Somebody call me? No, you’re hearing things. I been doing that all my life, and it ain’t never sounded as disgusting as the voice of Mr. Jonathan Dolandin. Cut the shit, we are in trouble! We are goin after the big-time now Jake! Broken Soul! Jake immediately recognized the urgency by Johnny saying “goin.” Call me out in three seconds, I’ll finish this. I might clean up your messes for you Johnny. I don’t need you to look after me! Whatever you say Johnny! I’ll be there, just call. He’s going down, send me all your calculations. I’ll try to make sense of them, but I’ll finish this if it kills you guys! Real funny, motherfucker, now shut up and get ready; we’re almost there! No problem Johnny. See you later!
Right before they switched Jonathan thought secretly Why does he insist on calling me Johnny? They switched and Jake immediately picked up his favorite weapon, his Tonfa. Basically Japanese, wooden nightsticks, like what guards carry, only much stronger and made for repeated use in a short span of time. He spun them around a few times to loosen up for his big fight, then he placed them in the front of his belt for easy access, they would know he was coming, and he would have to be ready to fight at his best.
He unsheathed the trusty revolver one more time, along with another favorite of his, the katana. Usually a katana is used outdoors, but the 10’ wide hallway was more than enough space to have some fun with his sword. He used his katana as a mirror when he came to the corner at the hallway of his enemy. He counted seven guards, all top notch, but there were probably more hiding in the shadows of the dark hallway. I fight my best when I have a handicap anyway. “Let‘s dance, Broken Soul!” Sin whispered to himself.
He rounded the corner in a movie style spin, firing two bullets, when he stopped, only one of them hit the mark. He was never very good at shooting, but the stray bullet debilitated another guard at least. He dropped the revolver, silently promising himself that he would come back for it, and placed both hands on his katana. He charged immediately, seeing results from his blade in seconds as body parts started flying.
He took three hands and two legs in his first assault, then he left his sword impaled in one guards body and went for his beloved tonfa. Unfortunately, one of the guards behind him was starting to wake from the shock, they had all been told to watch out for a ragged gunman, not a crazed fighter! But this guard was a gunman, he fired right through Sin’s left shoulder, But Jake was used to the pain so it did not stop him. He landed a spinning, back side kick in his opponents groin, his opponent, it seemed, was not as familiar with pain. He doubled over holding his crotch while Sin spun around and knocked him unconscious with one tonfa.
It was time for Jake to get serious, time to fight his way. He assumed the Juken two handed weapon stance, right foot behind the left, left foot pointing straight to his right. Palms open, with only his thumbs holding the handles of his tonfa, right arm drawn back, fingers pointing to the ground, left hand extended with the elbow bent, fingers pointing to the ceiling. This was his favorite fighting style, it allowed him to easily switch from attack to defense and back again in less than a second.
Then he added his own modifications to this stance, he closed his hand around his tonfa handles, and straightening his wrists to point forward and give him full control over his weapons. He started spinning his weapons, ignoring the pain shooting through his left arm. He attacked the nearest guard, hitting him in the stomach with his left tonfa, the spinning it the other way and smacking him in the face. He finished with a Juken leaping side kick, one of the strongest kicks in all martial arts fighting styles, to his opponents chest. The guard almost knocked a hole in the wall, he still managed to add a crack running through the wall about three feet from top to bottom. Sin was starting to get excited…
© Copyright 2006 The Dark One (catlover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1129570-Six-Sided-Sin-Chapter-1