*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1129726-Phoenix-Intro
by Billi
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Crime/Gangster · #1129726
My intro to a story about a student who could be called a bully [Now 2 chapters after]
         His eyes were amazing. They were ice blue, but inside the blue, there were streaks of black. It contrasted sharply with his light eye color. It was obvious that he knew that people were always trying to read him through those eyes, so he kept his visible emotions even and cold. Combine those beautiful eyes with his shaggy black hair and he could've been a rocker or a headbanger, but you should have looked closer. Notice the coldness and anger in his whole being, his walk, his glare, the fear in others when he walks by, and his calm, evil threats. His arms were pure muscle, along with the rest of his body. His broad shoulders cleared his way quickly wherever he went. His jet black hair wasn't long enough to get in his eyes and make him look like every punk rocker around, but it still caught people's attention. Through the black, there were streaks of silver, as if he aged a little. This might convince you that he's a bodyguard or an assassin, but you'd be wrong. He's a high school student in his little city of Redrock, just outside of Las Vegas, Nevada. He's a loner, his life void of others, but not at all lonely; he wouldn't have it any other way. Some call him a vampire, others, a freak, and the rest... well, they're just afraid of him. With his trenchcoat and fear-invoking ways, who could blame them?

         His name was Phoenix, but no one knew that, except the teachers. But they soon learned not to call on him, because if they did, he'd train his evil eyes on them and make their blood run cold. He walked to school and home. Not one person at the school knew where home was for him, he walked farther than the rest, that's all they knew. They don't know why he was so cold, nor why he didn't talk. Some said that he was a mute, but when he was teased, his eyes flamed up and his angry voice could cut the steel in his enemy's taunts while he calmly, yet angrily, told them to back off. Most were smart enough to learn and only tease him once, but a few of them... Phoenix had to show them not to mess with him. About once or twice a month, he'd come to school with bloody knuckles and a bully wouldn't come at all.

         He never cared about schoolwork, but got straight A's. His parents never came to the school, making most students think that he was an orphan. He was the only one in school that you didn't mess with, yet he didn't take advantage of that, he wasn't a bully. No one saw him outside of school, but it wasn't like they wanted to, almost all of the school- staff included- would avoid him if at all possible. Phoenix would sit in class and write, not even paying attention to the teacher or the rest of the class. Only one person ever saw what he was writing and got away with it- his English teacher. Another kid once stole Phoenix's notebook to see what he was writing. Bad idea. Phoenix calmly walked up to the boy, punched him on the temple and took his notebook back. A half-hour later, the other boy passed out from the punch. No one else ever even glanced at the infamous notebook after that.
© Copyright 2006 Billi (chaosangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1129726-Phoenix-Intro