*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1130635-Carved
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1130635
A horror-story which includes a moral at the end.
It had been seven years after the dreadful incident… Mr. Johnson had murdered two teenagers. He attempted to murder three but one of them got away. Nikita was the survivor. She was an American girl with short brown hair. She had muddy brown eyes. She lived on Jimlock Street between Fort Washington and Riverside with her aunt. Nikita didn’t know that evil was waiting to confront her.
Today was the day for Mr. Johnson to be liberated from jail after seven years.

“Free at last…” Mr. Johnson whispered as he heard the soft clink of the metal door shutting behind him. He took long and heavy strides as he headed home, which was on Morrison Avenue between St. Nicholas and Amsterdam. He sat on a brown sofa, which was once white. He took the phone and dialed 555-2384. No one answered. As he was heading outside to get some fresh air the phone had started to ring. Mr. Johnson hurried over to the phone. He was nodding his head in approval as the person over the line spoke. Then with a smile on his face he said,

“I’ll be ready.”
He went to his room and packed his dusty clothes and shoes that hadn’t been allowed in jail. He opened the door and was gone…

“Reporting live on CBS News… Nikita’s body was discovered on Morrison Avenue three days after Mr. Johnson was released from jail. Polices say Mr. Johnson was able to abscond because he was nowhere to be found. The murderer had carved five letters over the ground where Nikita’s body had been dug in. The five letters were UOY OT. Polices have no idea of what these letters might mean. Nikita’s body is severely damaged. The body appears to have several gashes above the chest. If you have any information that might be useful call the toll free number that appears on the screen.”

“For god’s sake what is this ruthless maniac going to be up to next?!” Alecton shouted as he banged his clenched fists on the table. Alecton was an undercover cop. He had locked Mr. Johnson up seven years earlier. The police around him watching the news were quite furious also. The police were sucking their teeth and grunting.

“Don’t worry Alecton; we’ll solve this mystery together.” Draco whispered in Alecton’s ear so the other polices couldn’t hear what he was saying.
Draco was a scanty and brawny policeman. He had little wobbly legs that looked ridiculous when he walked because they were so small, he would looked like he was going to fall any second later. He had dark brown hair.

“You don’t stand a chance.” Alecton replied.
Draco marched out of the police staff room in disbelief. Draco muttered a vulgar word under his breath.

“Two days after the first murder scene another body was found dug under the dirt. The body was found one block away from Morrison Avenue. The body was of an elderly man who had several marks on his face. The murderer had left four more letters. The letters were TXEN. They were also carved.” CBS News reported.

“Alecton lets go search for clues. We might find out who the murderer is.”

“Okay let’s go, but be very careful…”

“I’ll drive.” Draco said as him and Alecton hopped into the police car.

As they drove past Morrison Avenue and where the second crime scene was found Draco stopped the car.

“Oh my god look at this!” Draco shouted as he saw what looked like the words were spelling something backwards, on his rear-view car mirror.

“Let’s get out of the car to get a better view” Alecton exclaimed.
As they got off the police car, Alecton and Draco spotted 7 more letters on the ground. They were also carved and the letters were THGIR MI.

“The words spell something backwards!” Draco exclaimed.
Draco took out his flashlight to take a better look at the letters. Draco drove to each spot where there were victims found before. He went to the spot were the last letters were found.

“Let me see if I can dig the body out of there.” Draco said remembering that underneath the letters the murderer carves there was a victim. Draco took the shovel out of the trunk of the car. He dug where the letters were, his hands trembling.

“Hey there’s no body in here.” Draco said

“It took you that long to notice?” Alecton replied.

“What do you mean?”

“What do all the letters spell when you put them backwards?” Alecton said as his voice’s volume rose.
Draco thought for a while…

“Oh my god, the letters spell IM RIGHT NEXT TO YOU.”

“Yes… Alecton said with a smirk on his face. And think twice about why there’s no body dug beneath the letters.”

Draco dropped the shovel and ran towards the police car. But Alecton picked the shovel raised it way over his head as if about to bat a ball out of the stadium… He whacked Draco on the head and dropped him in the hole where the letters once were. He took out a carver and stabbed Draco through his chest and in his stomach. Blood splattered everywhere. Alecton placed the carver on top of Draco’s bloody stomach. And for that was the end of Draco…










© Copyright 2006 hispanicshot (hispanicshot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1130635-Carved