*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1130676-The-Doll-of-Horrors
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1130676
One wrong move, turned Daisy's life upside down.


As I stepped into the ancient boutique I hugged myself for warmth. Outside had been warm but now, it felt as if I had stepped in a freezer. I roamed the isles looking for something I might be interested in. The boutique smelled of dust. Its high shelves were filled with dusty masks, clothes, and accessories. As I looked around, my hazel eyes caught a glimpse of a small doll that looked like a replica of me. The doll had hazel eyes, long black hair, and a slim body. But there was something in the eyes that spooked me out. It looked as though the doll could see right through you. I looked around the boutique for the owner and I spotted him sitting on a stool with a green beer bottle in his hand.

“How much does this doll cost mister?”

“Hmm…”

The short and chubby man eyed the doll for what seemed like hours then said,

“You can have it for free.”

“What, I don’t think I heard you corre…

I said you can have it for free!” The man said as he stuffed the doll into a box.

Without a word, I turned around with the box in my hand and headed for the door. I thought I heard him saying “Be Careful” but it was probably just my imagination… Besides I just got an amazing doll for free.

As soon as I got home I opened the box and tucked my hand inside to get the doll. All of a sudden a hot pain went up my hand. I quickly stuck my hand out to see a gash across my index finger.

“What the…” I said as I looked inside the box. The doll was lying there, normal as ever. I turned the box upside down as the doll fell out. I expected a needle or something sharp to fall out too, but no… Just the doll, fell out. I went upstairs and washed the cut with alcohol. It burned immensely! I went to my room and placed it beside my horror book.

“Dinner’s ready!” Mom called out as I fixed the doll’s royal blue dress.

I took my regular spot in the table and ate some salad. I wasn’t so hungry. My little brother eyed my finger suspiciously.

“Oh my god Daisy what’s that thing on your finger!”

“Shut up.” I whispered as I kicked him from underneath the table. Mom hates it when we have cuts. She totally looses it.

“Let me see your finger Daisy.” Mom said as her blue eyes swayed from her food to my finger.

“Mom it’s nothing, just a small cut…”

“Daisy, don’t play games with me… Let me see that cut at this instant!”

I didn’t have a choice so I raised my hand so she could get a good look at my finger.

“Oh my god!!! Are you okay Daisy?! How did this happen?! Answer me at this instant!” She yelled.

“Mom I… just fell. That’s all, no big deal.”

“Well be more careful next time Daisy!”

“I’m not so hungry… Excuse me.” I said as I left the table and headed to my room.

As I was walking up the stairs to my room I felt something on my foot. I tried to hold my balance, but it was too late I fell face-first on the stairs. I looked down to see what I had tripped over and I screamed. There was the doll smirking at me.

I grabbed the doll by the hair and walked towards my room…

“Who the hell did this mess?!” I screamed as I entered my room. My books were scattered everywhere, my sheets were on the floor, my bed was ripped, and my lamp was smashed.

“I stared at the doll intently.”

No it can’t be you… Dolls don’t walk. Dolls don’t rip things. Dolls just sit… Yes they sit. I thought to myself. I went downstairs to get a glass of chocolate milk. As I entered the kitchen I dropped to the floor sobbing. There lay mom with blood scattered all over her. Her mouth was open and red veins were running through her eyes.

“Mom get up! Don’t leave me! Please mom!” I yelled at the top of my lungs as I fell on to the puddle of blood. As I got up my white pants had blood dripping down. I looked around and spotted the doll. I closed my eyes as I took in all the anger, as I opened my eyes I noticed that the doll was gone.

I ran up the stairs, into my room as fast as I could. I stuffed the doll in the box that it came in and I threw it out of the window. Where’s my brother Mike?! I thought to myself. I ran to his room and slowly opened the door…

“Mike?!” I screamed as I looked into his room. There he was with a knife in his hand. Blood dripping down the edge of the knife..
“Daisy… That doll… It cursed me. And it was all your fault…”

“Mike, what the hell are you talking about!” I screamed as I reached out to punch him for killing mom! His mouth was open, and it looked as though he weren’t talking. He got a hold of my arm. His hand felt cold.

“Let me go!” I screamed. I kicked him in the stomach as he flew across the room.

There was a deafening crack and I knew that Mike was a doll.

“Ha… so you felt for my trick!” Mike’s voice said.

But Mike was dead he wasn’t talking. As I turned around I saw the doll. And I realized I had killed the wrong person. The doll had been imitating Mike’s voice knowing that Mike couldn’t speak. Mike’s hand was cold, because he was dying. And that crack, which I thought was the porcelain breaking was the crack of his neck.

I stuck my hand out slowly to the doorknob to try and make a run for it. The doll tracked all my moves. I finally felt the hard, round circle… pulled the door with all my might and ran. All of a sudden my body felt warm, and then it felt real hot as if I were in an oven. And I realized I was transforming…

“When you opened the box that I was placed in, you didn’t realize you were making the biggest mistake of your life.” The doll’s innocent voice said.

“What are you talking about? What do you mean?” I said as my voice sounded tinier and tinier.

“When you stuck your hand in the box I was in I bit your hand and took some of your blood. And when you got on top of your mom, you took some of my blood too. I knew you would fall for the trick. I knew you would have to touch your mom. So now that you have my blood and I have yours. You are starting to transform into me. And I am transforming into you. All of a sudden I fell. It felt as though I weighed one hundred pounds! And my room looked much bigger. I stared up at the doll which was now in my body.

“Good bye!” The doll said in my voice, in my body, in DAISY!

She reached her hand out. Grabbed me and slammed me to the floor. Well it was too bad that I’m porcelain…
© Copyright 2006 hispanicshot (hispanicshot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1130676-The-Doll-of-Horrors