*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1132915-Hair-Ties-Clips-and-Bows
by bobg
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1132915
A change in hair style is desired by a 6 year old girl
My name is Kailyn Mariah and I am 6 years old. I'm usually not fussy about how my hair looks. A quick brush through in the morning and I am set for the day. I prefer the natural look instead of the well groomed look. Something about the restriction that hair ties and other non-essential hair gizmos cause, usually drives me a little crazy. I like feeling the wind as it takes my hair where it wishes.

Not this day though. I was in one of those moods. You know how it is, I'm sure. The hair just had to be tied down. It could not be any other way. I had a picture in my head of how I wanted to look and what I was going to do to create my vision. I would take every one of my wild hairs and put them in their place. The wind was not going to mess with me today.

Mom usually seems to understand what I need when she helps me get dressed in the morning. So when I began handing her hair ties, she seemed puzzled. After the first ten, my Mom's look just changed to shock. I had never allowed that many before. Next came the hair clips. I added ten of them, one at a time.

Mom called my Dad in to see the creation. They both looked at me with wonder in their eyes. Wondering what I was up to is my guess.

I was not done though. A set of ten small bows was handed over. Slowly the look I was seeking was taking shape. I handed over more hair ties. Big ones, small ones, skinny ones, wide ones. You name it, in my hair they went.
I began to point out areas that required attention, and my Mom would take care of it. Soon the large supply was all used up.

A final look in the mirror and I was satisfied. My hair was exactly as I pictured it when we started. Now I could get on with my day. My sister Lainy would have to be styled with the natural look for once. As for me, I simply looked beautiful.
© Copyright 2006 bobg (igottapebble at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1132915-Hair-Ties-Clips-and-Bows