*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1135635-Easter-Egg-Searching
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1135635
What dreams gave me.
Easter Egg Searching

We searched for Easter eggs in the freshly cut grass. I saw one that was green, I thought it odd that it was pastel cream in color unlike the sweet smelling grass.
We went to mass and prayed to our Messiah.
We searched for Easter eggs in the garden among the flowers. It was warm but there was a lingering breeze that made the time perfect for Easter egg searching.
We went to mass and prayed for a Messiah.
We searched for Easter eggs in the mailbox and under porch boards. We laughed and smiled as if the hard shells of the Easter eggs would protect our innocence. I had laughed the hardest.
We went to mass and waited for our Messiah.
We searched for Easter eggs in the rubbery tire swing. We searched for them in the tool box that held mama’s lily seeds and rubber garden gloves.
We went to mass and begged God for our Messiah.
We searched for Easter eggs and I found one that was yellow. I knew a chick had not formed, but I felt that its soul would always be in the bright yellow egg.
We went to mass and prayed sacrifices in return for our Messiah.
We went Easter egg searching in the church graveyard where we found our Messiah.
© Copyright 2006 Carmen Allende (somberprophet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1135635-Easter-Egg-Searching