*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1135638-Somber-Silence
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1135638
What I am. What I was. And what I will always be.
Somber Silence
3-15-06

I am the Somber Resplendence of midnight walks with creation.
The mournful weeping of solitary violinists who play out their rapturous intentions on taut metal strings.
The moment when hot breath mingles with crimson blood to create the heartbeat of anticipation.
The silent motion of existence as all shades of humanity collide and mingle cacophonously.
The crowd of hollow civilians that as they watch him die scream and chant “sacrifice the killer!”
The fibers of lonesome sweaters that keep murderers warm in the desert.
The shattered shards of scattered mirrors cutting deep into worn flesh until they rasp against bone and finally marrow.
The atmosphere so saturated with water that we drown from the heightened sense of exhilaration.
The babbling of senile old figurines, glass worn thin by collecting dust and negligence.
The rings of illuminating light that bind us, hold us, that tie us to this place of worship.
The long lost whispers of prayers spoken in Aramaic.
The intimate sensation of loving the silence that comes after laughter.
The old tombstones with inscriptions of generic remembrances.
The cruel animation of soiled rags discarded by those who have no faces.
The grace of sleeping with eyes wide open, holding silver scalpels, used for cutting out sections of the universe and embedding its memory into your veins.
I am.
© Copyright 2006 Carmen Allende (somberprophet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1135638-Somber-Silence