*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136083-The-Last-Cookie
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1136083
This is a story about Kevin and nthe cookie
I WANT THE LAST COOKIE

When I was ten years old, I knew a little boy called Kevin. Kevin was not your average ten year old. Come to think of it, he wasn't even ten. He was six years old, but he was a little too tall for his age. Kevin was not only the tallest boy in his class, he was the smartest. He got A's in all his classes and he had lots of extracurricular activities.

Okay, right about now, you might be saying to yourself, why do I want to know about Kevin? Why did the author even begin to write this story? Well, just hold on to your to buckle and let me tell you why.

While Kevin was all that I have described him to be, he was also a very lonely boy. Because of his height, little children his age refused to play with him. Whenever he tried to play with them, they would call him names and turn their backs on him. When they did this, Kevin would turn away and cry.

I know, I know. You now want to know why I am writing about a sad little boy and what the point of the story is. Well, here it comes.

Kevin is now a young man of 30, happily married to Belinda, with 4 children (who are too tall for their ages). Today is Kevin's birthday and we are recanting funny stories about him. The most favorite one was the story of Kevin and the cookie.

When Kevin was five years old, his mother took him to a meeting featuring the town gossip, Lucia. (I will tell you up front, Lucia was as vain as she was silly. The stupid woman actually wore a turquoise blouse and a beige skirt to church. Everybody knows that turquoise and beige do not go together. In fact - ahem - to get back to the issue at hand.)
While Kevin was perusing the area, he noticed that all the women were eating out of a cookie jar. He also noticed that the last cookie in the jar was a round, large chocolate chip cookie.
Kevin looked around and said, "I want the last cookie."

With that proclamation, he waddled up to Lucia and demanded the last cookie. Lucia, who was too busy gossiping, pushed him away and kept on talking. When she did that, Kevin looked at her and his eyes clouded over with anger. As Lucia tried to leave her seat, Kevin pushed her and she fell on the table, and the bowl of punch fell on her (Served her right too. That woman is a horrible gossip and a horrible dresser. Just the other day, - I digress.)

Lucia was angry, but Kevin did not heed her. He reached past Lucia, into the cookie jar, and brought out the last cookie.
"I have the last cookie." He proclaimed and then proceeded to enjoy himself.


It is just a silly story, but it is one that we remember fondly, because it taught that gossiping snip named Lucia a good lesson, I think.
© Copyright 2006 Saved Star-Out of country (cmorah1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136083-The-Last-Cookie