*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136911-Night-Bijou
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by JPen
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1136911
First chapter of a series. Ava is turned.
Ava woke up. Which was a feat in itself. Her head ached as if she had been repeatedly smashed in the head with a mallet and then run over by a truck. The room's curtains were drawn, plunging the hot room into darkness. Wait a second, Ava suddenly realised, I don't OWN curtains!
As she looked around the room, she realized last night had been a lot wilder than she had bargained for. The room was dark, cheap and dreary. The walls were a bleak gray, no pictures at all. Dark, depressed curtains seemed to wilt as you looked at them. The bed was slightly on the small side and uncomfortable. A messy heap of clothes was on one corner of the room, and, with growing horror, Ava saw her own laced navy bra there. Wincing, she slowly turned her head to see the man sleeping beside her. He had messy blond hair, slightly small eyes, and he seemed to be snoring.
Ava slowly massaged her temples, sliding one leg out of bed. Silently, she slid out her entire body and stood at the foot of the bed, unsure what to do. The man began stirring. His eyes suddenly opened.
As he propped himself up on an elbow, Ava began frantically locating her clothes.
"This is the type of sight I'd like to see in the morning." The guy joked, indicating Ava's lack of clothes.
"Wouldn't we all." She muttered, tugging on her underwear.
"Why are you leaving so early?" Was the next question. Ava stole a glance at him and sighed slightly.
"Because it's Saturday...and I need to go home." Ava was now shoving on her jeans, followed by the silk top.
"You can't leave yet!" The guy began laughing. Ava stopped to stare before pulling on a stiletto.
"Sure I can." She replied carefully, her eyes sweeping the room for her bag.
"No, I'm serious, you can't, you haven't healed yet." The guy had stood up, stark naked and pulled slightly at the curtains. It was still dark outside.
"Is it very early or very late?" He asked, grinning at her.
"I don't know, but I'm sure taxis are 24/7, so you don't need to worry about me." She shivered slightly as his warm hand touched her arm.
"I am very serious, you haven't healed yet." The man said by way of explanation.
"I can handle my headache, it's hardly a big deal." As she said it, Ava could feel a strange throb at one side of her neck. As she brought her hand up to touch it in puzzlement, she winced as her bare fingers touched an open wound.
"Hey, what happened last night?" She frowned. The guy narrowed his eyes, scanning her face for recognition.
"Do you remember anything? Maybe you shouldn't drink so much if you can't handle it." He smirked as he slid effortlessly into a pair of track pants.
"Of course I can! We went to some kind of club, and then we came back here, right?" Ava was pretty much guessing, but she was too tired and too sore to be bothered to try and remember anything.
"Do you remember what happened when we came back to my place?" Daniel, she had suddenly remembered, was his name.
"Well, uh..." She trailed off and glanced at the bed by way of explanation.
Daniel began laughing.
"Before that, honey." Ava frowned hard and this time concentrated.
"No." She replied finally, the crease in her brow dissappearing.
"I turned you." He said quietly.
"What? Look, I really have to go, I have a very bad headache and obviously something happened to me, since I have something on my neck, and I need to go to the hospital..." Ava trailed off at his gaze.
"Ava, I'm a vampire. I turned you." Ava stared at him before slowly backing away.
"Oo-kay. Um, I think you forgot to take your Valium or whatever it is you're on today." She turned on her heel and ran for the door, but his hard grip arrested her mid-run.
"Ava, I'm serious. You are a vampire." He stated. Ava fiddled in her bag for something.
She turned to face him.
"I'm sorry." She said, before squirting the mace into his eyes.
Hearing him scream insults, she began running, wrenching open the front door and taking the stairs down two at a time. By that time, he was following her.
Ava grimaced. Out of all the guys she could have chosen that day in the club, she had to choose the nutso who believed he's a vampire. Fabulous, she thought fleetingly, but how the hell am I meant to get any further when I'm wearing four inch stilettos?!

***
© Copyright 2006 JPen (js121 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1136911-Night-Bijou