*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1109737-Night-Bijou-preview
by JPen
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1109737
Lucas is a vampire, helping out a fledgling, Ana.
Sitting in the club, Valeria looked at her watch impatiently. Her dark, carefully made up eyes searched the club.
The dark mahogany bar, languidly stretching out across the entire room, was buzzing with activity. People sat on stools, holding cigarettes in their hands and having low, animated conversations. The walls were painted into a dark shade of grey, but not exactly black. Framed black and white pictures of cities hung over the chic booths with stylish crimson tablecloths draped over them.
Her own lit cigarette was poised lightly over her blood red mouth, her lips pouting slightly as if she couldn’t decide whether to take a last drag or not. Finally placing her lips on the cigarette, she sucked in the acrid smoke and stubbed out her cigarette. Exhaling slowly, her eyes scanned the room again. Her dark curtain of hair suddenly tumbled past her shoulder as she reached for her drink, and as she tucked a strand behind her ear, she saw him.
Lucas hadn’t really changed since she’d seen him last. He was as gorgeous as ever, that was for sure. For a six hundred year old, he looked fantastically good. Radiating a powerful air, everyone around him greeted him as he walked past. Sometimes, he stopped to speak to someone and his handsome features broke into a smile.
“Sorry to keep you waiting, Valeria, there was trouble at my other club. So, what brings you to London, of all places?” He brought her pale hand to his lips and kissed it.
He noticed the golden band on her left hand. Encrusted with a ruby, with encrusted symbols around it.
“Ah, I see. But I take it you haven’t come here to tell me of your engagement?” He asked, sitting down and rolling up the sleeves of his black shirt.
“Hello, Lucas. No, it is not the news of my engagement that brings me here, although you would to well to keep in touch with your sister once in a while, Lucas. For all you know, I could be dead.” She smiled at him, exposing pearly white teeth and sharp, pointed fangs. His face expressed no emotion.
“Valeria, don’t joke about things like that. Do you know that vampire hunters are currently in London? Biggest party for fifty years, I believe. The air is filled with restless frustration.” He said, gesturing at the bar and then turning his dark head back to meet hers.
“Lucas, that is why I came. There have been…problems in Paris. Jacque de Rouge was killed yesterday.” She watched his face carefully.
“Jacque?” Lucas looked up from his drink and studied her.
“Yes, the entire de Rouge clan is devastated. Of course, Marie de Rouge wants to come to London, to seek your advice.” Valeria’s tone was instantly scornful. She tossed her raven hair back and lit another cigarette.
“Cessez de fumer, Valeria. Il ruinera votre santé.” He suddenly said, frowning. She shrugged and grinded the cigarette on the ash tray.

.::Not the end of the story, I will write a bit more tomorrow::.
Hope you all enjoyed it, and most of all, please write what you think of it so far, it's really helpful. Thanks a lot :)
© Copyright 2006 JPen (js121 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1109737-Night-Bijou-preview