*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1137256-Papers
Rated: · Fiction · Other · #1137256
In troubled times he is waiting for a contact whos late
Submitted for the "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge" (300-word limit).
Write a story in which the main character is waiting for someone

07.22 He was early. This meant trouble!
This meeting wasn’t even his idea; all he wanted to do was go fishing with his son. But she persisted he resented that she could get her way over him so easily.

The train station was barley open. But the green coats where everywhere. He had been stopped and checked three times since leaving the house.
“Papers” silence as they read the document then
“Carry on” as they ushered on the next guilty soul.

He arrived at the platform where he was due to meet Marion,
“What was it about her?” He continued to ask himself?

He sat down on a rickety old wooden bench all the metal ones where taken away and melted down to aid the war effort in some far away place. He removed his hat and scratched his balding head.

There was nobody in the station except for the staff of the trains and the Guards. But it did seem overly busy. He hated this time of the morning seemed the soldiers where about to get off shift and where slightly on edge. What would they care if they accidentally shot some old man waiting for something?

7.45 She was late, she was never late, what was wrong, his mind raced, suddenly
“PAPERS” said the huge guard in his strange heavily foreign accented voice.
He coughed a hefty cough. It stung his throat as he did.
As he rustled in his pockets for the papers. And handed them to the guard. Luc saw over his shoulder Marion waltzing toward him.

She was dancing? He coughed again a blinding light took him by surprise. He opened his eyes and the room was white, he was wearing a white gown? He tried to speak but he could only groan.

300 words
© Copyright 2006 scrabsy (scrabsy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1137256-Papers