*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1137299-Love-Is-Like-That
by Krysia
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1137299
The stages one goes through when they find out their partner has been cheating on them.
Shock. Numbness permeates her being. She feels nothing, senses nothing. Like a drunkard, she stumbles through reality, grasping at alien emotions. Her mind ceases to work. His robotic voice mumbles something in the background. She cannot hear him.

Grief. Laughter is only a memory. Days cease to exist. For her there is only unending night. The moon weeps for her. The sky screams, demanding answers that don’t come. Dark rings encircle her eyes, whispering of sleepless nights. The world is colorless. It has no meaning. She wants someone to kill her, to end her torment.

Anger. She wants to tear his heart out, the way he tore out hers. She is haunted by the bitch’s face, smug with their deception. The world is on fire. The moon is a drop of blood stabbed into the obscene sky. She wants to kill him. To kill the beast that possesses her mind. She sees his mocking laughter as she remembers his tears. She tears at her skin wishing the blood were his as it flows in crimson rivulets down her naked flesh.

Resignation. He has killed her, but she needs him. Like the black widow that knows his fate is his consumption, she longs for the disease that will slowly infest her, infecting her mind, her heart. She dreams that the sky is green and the sun, blue. She dreams that he loves her.

Surrender. A phone call. A plea. She returns to his arms. She accepts her fate. She loves him. And the sun sighs.
© Copyright 2006 Krysia (krysia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1137299-Love-Is-Like-That