*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139891-WingsBonesrevised
Rated: 13+ · Other · Writing · #1139891
Teaser, still, but revised. In the works. Vampires.
AUTHORS NOTE: This is a teaser of sorts, its just to get some feedback for my new idea. I had it up before but I got some really great feedback and revised it a bit. I hope you like it, but please remember that this is NOT finished in any way, shape, or form. Its rough still, but I would love some R&R's.
Thanks so much.
-corinnecontagious

[w]ings&[b]ones


         Kimberly Pryce had known the color of her own blood all to well. She had seen it so much over the last six years that she didn't even become worried when she saw the red seeping out of wounds in her flesh. The only thing that worried her were the lips at her wrist. They worried her because they were not the lips of a gentle lover, but the lips of a brutal master.

         These lips belonged to Darius, a vampire who had taken Kimberly from her family when she was just eleven. He saw her playing around outside at night on the fourth of July. She had been lighting sparklers and running around with her friends when she wandered off behind a thick cover of trees. Darius had just happened to be in the middle of feeding on a fawn when she saw him and froze. She hadn't made a sound, for she was much too frightened to but Darius had heard the crackling of her sparkler.

         Darius had been hunched over in the thicket, a small fawn in his strong grip. His fangs were Plunged deep into the flesh of the animal, sucking at the wounds to get to the precious blood that he was thirsting for. His senses were blurred just slightly as he filled his mouth with the thick, crimson liquid. The deer had been lying there, minding its own innocent buissiness when Darius had grabbed it and brought it to his lips. The animal had been squirming and was only making it difficult for the both of them. Darius took the deer's small skull into his hands and snapped the bones in its neck, making it go still. He now fed easily and quickly.

         Darius had been roused from his feed when he heard the crackle-spark. He slid his fangs out of the deer and looked up. He saw a short, pale, thin, little red headed girl and grinned. "Why hello there, little girl." Darius chuckled with a sick smile. Humans, he knew, tasted the best. they always did and always would.

         Kimberly whimpered, and tears came to her young eyes. She had seen her father hunt before, and was more worried about the deer than about the man. "W-what did you to that poor deer?" she questioned in her sweet, lost little voice.

         Darius dropped the fawn, and kept his cold dark eyes on her. He took a step over the corpse of the animal and toward the trembling little child. "He's just sleeping." He cackled, and moved to her side with ease and speed.

         Kimberly gasped when Darius had moved, faster than lightening, to the spot in front of her. She stared up at him through huge green eyes. "Stay away from me!" She cried out, and took an unsteady step back, ready to run.

         Darius reached out and grabbed the girl by the hair just as she turned to run. He laughed loudly and yanked her back. He wrapped his left hand around her throat and held her to his chest, which rose and fell rapidly against her back as if he was out of air, as if he had to chase the fawn around before he finally was able to sink his teeth into flesh and enjoy a thick wine.

         "Let go of me!" Kimberly demanded, she squirmed in Darius's grip and threw her belled little fists in an attempt to free herself. This was all done in vain.

         Darius chuckled, he thought she was quite amusing. "Shh, little one." He cooed. "You wouldn't like it if we got caught, no, no, then your Mother or father would get angry and punish you." He laughed richly. He could have cared less for her mother and father, but he thought a bit of humor was in store. "Now shut up." He quickly cupped his hand over her mouth to keep her quiet. He didn't want to he couldn't chance being seen by anyone, human or fellow vampire, feeding on a child was sick and damnable in both worlds. He need not get into more trouble. His name was already synonymous with the damned.

         Kimberly fought as best she could, trying to throw her arms out in an attempt to get away from the Darius, but it all proved useless. She was unable to free herself from Darius's grasp, and her eyes began to tear up with the thoughts of never seeing her family again, thoughts of her death. “Please...” she begged. “Please let me go!” Despite her age, she knew well what could happen to her. Who could not these days? The news reported more missing children every day, more murders, more suicides, and more bombings millions of miles away. These days, even children knew death early on.

         Darius shook his head and tilted the girls head to the side. He leaned in close to her neck and breathed in deep, testing her scent. He touched his lips to her skin and all was over. He could now properly quench his thirst.

         And that was all Kimberly remembered of that night. She had no pain, no fear. She was just out.


         But now Kimberly was eighteen, and knew all too much of the vampiric slave world. She had seen more than she ever thought she would, and was forced to believe in things that shouldn't have existed in an eighteen-year-olds mind. Vampires, demons, witches, even familiars and magical animals. It was as if she was a six year old watching The Labyrinth and believing every word that David Bowie said.

         Kimberly had belonged to Darius from the night he fed on her, and she still was his. He kept her around for a companion of sorts. A lapdog, and a well behaved trophy. She had grown up with a few other slaves, but none of them lasted long. She had only known one other who had been with her since she arrived at Darius's manor. His name was Scott, and he had been Darius's previous slave. But when Kimberly came, everything changed for him. He became more of a servant of sorts. He did whatever Darius told him to do. He cleaned the manor, cooked dinner for the other slaves and did other things, such as sending messages to Darius's fellow vampires. He did all of the things that a homeowner should, and he did them silently and without whining. He knew if he complained that it only meant pain for him.

         Kimberly had known scott since the first night she spent in the manor. They were both the same age, with just a few months between them. Scott was the elder of the two.

         Scott was taller than Kimberly, and had longer, dark hair and chocolate eyes. He supported himself with a thin frame, and sleek muscles that he had been born with. Kimberly, on the other hand, had grown into herself quite nicely. Her frizzy red hair had smoothed out a bit, and taken on soft curls. Her large green eyes still held the sparkle they had when she was a kid. Her pale skin remained, though, and her freckles had faded from lack of sunlight. Darius never really let her go outside and play, so she was stuck with reading and exploring the manor. Though Kimberly and Scott had lived in the same house, she knew nothing of his past, just of his time at the manor with Darius. They talked, but not much. Scott was the quiet type who didn't say much. He was one of the ones who kept his opinions to himself, which was always the intelligent thing to to around Darius. At the manor Darius was god. He was always correct and no one was better than he was. All of the salves knew that. That was the first commandment.

         Kimberly was never one hundred percent sure of why she was kept at the manor, and why Darius never gave her hard work to do. She always did little things, such as making sure everyone was up for dinner and rousing everyone, like a rooster, in the morning.

         Kimberly let out a soft sigh of relief when Darius loosened his grip on her arm and removed his mouth from her wrist. He had called her into his room to get a quick snack. He hadn't been out in a few nights, so Kimberly had expected this. Darius had done this many times before, so she was not surprised when she arrived at his door and he immediately went for her veins. She pulled her arm close to her and kept her eyes down when she was completely free of him.

         "Leave." Darius demanded. "Go clean the kitchen or something." And he shooed her away.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------tbc
© Copyright 2006 CorinneContagious (crcontagious at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139891-WingsBonesrevised