*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1140240-Television-influence-behaviour
Rated: E · Essay · Entertainment · #1140240
This is an essay written by me only and was awarded from teachers.
Since the invention of television, it has always been used as mean to educate, entertain and instruct. It is also used to public awareness about matter relating to crime, punishment, social responsibilities and government policies.

The influence of television, when controlled by authorities in the country can maintain the moral fibers of the country. But today this control is no longer there. Many channels have been setup where we watch different programs of the different countries. They influence our behaviors in good and bad ways.

Programs with scenes of violence are being shown on television everyday. Youth are generally impressed by images. They emulate images they perceive from television. For example Television is showing now-a-days the popular channel among children that is Cartoon Network where young viewers watch negative roles in some scene and instead of taking as positive and just forget them, they become proud of these scenes and try to imitate the actions as shown.

Television where children are influenced by such scenes of Cartoons, teenagers also become impressed by the actions often run on movies. Instead of taking positive roles so as to increase their knowledge from movies, they take negative role and try to become one of the characters of the movie. Teen girls takes some negative roles or see dresses on the movies and try to make and wear clothes just like them and imitate these roles with the help of actions. More then teen girls, teen boys take the thrill action of robbery, smoking, drinking alcohols seriously and then start those habits as luxury or leisure.

Some Television dramas also run on television for the elders too show negative values of the society as positive. Media try to show some of the scenes that are now become common and make these as agreeable to do these in interested ways. Apart from these bad influences there are many more such things which are not to be mentioned.

On the other hand Television programs provide today to do activities for many victims of the disaster around the world. Families spend their time in front of television and this helps them to gather closely. Many informative programs increase our knowledge about the world and become closer by the television and cables.

Such programs regarding Quiz, culture, religious education and information influence positively on our behavior.

So it’s not true that television is only for entertainment or for pleasure only. It really put impact in good or bad ways on our behavior.
© Copyright 2006 Snow White (azka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1140240-Television-influence-behaviour