*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1143971-Emotions
by Litmom
Rated: · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #1143971
Learning to react to ans express emotions in an acceptable manner .
Feelings
Feelings are funny things. I spent years controlling my emotions to please others and to protect myself from being hurt. I focused on achieving my goals to succeed and maintaining control of my life. Then everything spun out of my control. Now my emotions have been liberated but I have no idea how to live with them.

I think that some of my emotions are reactive . Where is will immediately feel angry, irritated or annoyed. Then I have to learn how to respond to these feeling and express them appropriately. No wonder toddlers have temper tantrums. It is extreemlyu frustrating to have all of these strong emotions and no way to diffuse them.



However the elusive emotion of Joy and Happiness continues to slip away. Are all the positive emotions the ones that we have to actively pursue?? While the tedious job of controlling anger , irritation and other negative emotions available in abundance to test us?


© Copyright 2006 Litmom (larline06 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1143971-Emotions