*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1144051-A-THIN-LINE
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by MAGIC
Rated: GC · Short Story · Drama · #1144051
LOVE IS BLIND? BUT SOMETIMES YOU CAN SEE TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TRUTH.
A THIN LINE-

She grew more furious as she paced up, and down the sidewalk the anger growing more each step she made. She wasn’t going to put up with this treatment this lack of respect they been though a lot in the past and this behavior has to stop. This is the last time he will stand her up this time she meant it.

Kim looked down the street to see if she could hail a taxi with all the people shopping she knew it would be hard to get one. She thought maybe she should ride the train a cab ride to the city would be so expensive. Besides a cab ride would be so long and uncomfortable. She turned looked in the other direction than saw a black limousine heading her way. Well it’s about time what took him so long. Derrick knew what time to pick her up he could be so in considered at time.

Anyway she would have had a hard time on the train with all of these bags. Anyway these 300-dollars shoes wouldn’t have held up they weren’t made for walking. The car came closer the anger continued to build she thought she was going to give him a piece of her mind how dare he be late. The car pulled up to the curb the door opened she was expecting to see Raua her regular driver a tall but muscular bald but good-looking man exit the door.

Kim couldn’t contain her anger as the man came around the car to where she was standing.

“Well what took you so long: you should have been here 30 minutes ago? Where is Raua?” She snapped

The man opened the door as she was getting in she saw a man in a blue suit with blue, and white shoes. She glanced around but didn’t see Derrick in second she knew this was the wrong car.

“Oh excuse me I’m sorry I thought this was my husband’s car, sorry about that,” she said.

“Oh no Kim this isn’t the wrong car, this is the one for you,” the man in the blue suit answered.

She became frighten how did he know her name? She tried to retreat from the car but the bald headed man reached around her and covered her mouth with his hand. The man in the blue suit grabbed her arm with one swift motion he pushed a needle into her arm.

She tried to fight but the bald man was stronger than she was he pushed her into the car without any trouble. When the door closed behind her she could feel a burning in her veins her head began to spin her eyelids became heavy all the muscles in her body went limp. The last thing she heard was a fading voice.

“Now the trap is set.”

**********

“Wake up Bitch, I said wake up,” a coarse deep voice said.

Now a sharp pain followed the fading voice across the side of her face. Everything was still dark and fussy the room was still spinning her eyes were still heavy. The voice was a little clearer, and closer the pain raced across her face made her more alert.

“Hit her again,” a voice from behind her said.

“I said wake up,” the coarse voice repeated.

She felt the sharp pain across her face, which seems to force more life into her. She lifted her head to focus her vision in the direction of the voice.

The room was semi dark with a musk smell like an old warehouse or building. As her eyes began to clear she could see a shape of a tall man standing in front of her. It was the bald headed man with an ugly smile on his face.

“Don’t hurt her to bad we will need her later. You can’t bait a trap without the cheese. Oh, this is some fine cheese maybe I’ll take a bite when this is over,” the man behind her said.

She became more aware of her surrounding she could see a man sitting in a chair across the room. In the dimness of the room she could tell that it was the man in the blue suit. But who was the man behind her?

She tried to move to get up out of the chair but she felt that her hands and feet were bound to the chair. There wasn’t anything covering her mouth so it seems that they were confident that if she screamed there wouldn’t be any fear of being discovered.

“What do you bastards want if it’s money I’ll give you all you want? If you want to rape me you will have a fight on your hands,” she said with the force of a mother protecting her young.

“You do look like a great lay that might not be a bad idea when this is over,” the man behind her said.

“Now that you are awoke let me introduce myself to you so we can get down to some real business,” the man in the blue suit said, “My name is Hector.

“Well that’s a nice start,” the angry in her voice was apparent.

“There’s this person in your life who is very dear to you he owes me. I intend to be repaid in full plus interest,” Hector continued.

“Derrick?” She gasped.

“Yes your precious Derrick. He and I had a business deal it seems that instead of 50/50 he wanted it all. The deal was so big that we both could have taken a long vacation.”

“What is it you want from me I don’t owe you anything?”

“My dear you are the bait you are what will bring him to me so that I can get what is due to me. If he loves you at all he will come if not oh well you know.”

“Oh he loves me he will come you will be sorry,” Kim screamed with all her might.
She looked Hector in the eyes she thought, “Derrick for once in your life don’t let me down. I love you.”

Yes there were some difficult times she and Derrick have gone thought. Yes there were some times when she wanted to give up .She also knew that in love, and marriage there is some give some take. In order to make it work people must learn the other person’s likes, and dislikes we all are different.

She didn’t want Hector to see that she was having some doubts about Derrick. She knew this man would find some way to use her doubts against her.

She listen to Hector talk about Derrick and the things he’s done she tried not to believe what was being said. Yea Derrick could be a little rude inconsiderate at times a quick temper but he is really good at heart. He treats her better much better than other people.

The ring of the phone stopped Hector in mid-sentence.

“Well maybe we will see how much he really loves you?”

After two more rings Hector answered the phone.

“Well hello if it isn’t my old friend. How have you been how’s the family? Now calm down Derrick lets make a deal you have something that is mine I have something that is yours. “

He had a sick twisted smile on his face as he listen to Derrick lay out the plan for the exchange. By the look on his face she knew he had his own plan, and it wasn’t good for Derrick.

When he ended the call Hector waved the bald man over whispered something to him then the man left the room.

“Well your lover will be here in an hour. I hope he has what is mine or maybe we will find out if all the rumors are true. Maybe he doesn’t love you after all,” Hector said in a sly sarcastic way.

Kim knew this sick bastard was just trying to get under her skin just messing with her mind. She heard all the rumors about the cocktail waitress, the stripper, and the other little groupies. They didn’t matter to her at all.

She worked thought all of that stuff with Derrick she is his wife the number one woman in his life that is all that counts. Those bimbos will come and go she will always stay. She knows nothing this man can say will make her doubt Derrick. He will do the right thing and get her out of this mess.

The bale man came into the room whispered something to Hector, which made him nod his head in agreement. The bale man walked over to her stood by her side.

“Well everything is ready for the party. I hope everyone gets what is due to them so we all could go home happy,” Hector said with a snip and sly look.

“I know I’m going to have some fun went this is over,” the man behind her laughed, “I’m going to take a big bite of this sweet cheese.”

Hector worked on his computer the bale man, and the man she could never see were sitting at a table in the corner playing cards as they waited. She knew Derrick was very cautious he would see that this was a set up. He wouldn’t just come in here without a plan. Even if it were to save her he wouldn’t risk her life without a plan or way out.

The door opened a short slim man came in walked over to Hector whispered something to him then moved around behind him an stood there. Hector waved to the two men playing cards they got up from the table walked over to her. At that moment Kim knew that Derrick was here.

“Well it’s show time,” Hector said.

Just then the door opened two men walked in the light from the next room made it hard to see at first.

“Derrick!” Her heart skipped a beat when she saw him.

“Hey baby,” Derrick answered.

You know this is a set up?”

Derrick just smiled then turned toward Hector.

“Well hello old friend.”

“Hello to you Derrick.”

“Now that the pleasantries are over I have want you asked for Hector now let’s finish this deal so we all can go home.”

“Well let’s see what you have and maybe we can get this over with?”

Derrick put a silver case on the table the short man came around the table open the case than turned it toward Hector.

“Now this is what we came here for. It seems that everything is here now that your debt is paid its time that I closed this deal.”

The man behind Kim stepped up closer to her put his arm around her neck in one smooth motion he pulled a gun from his waist.

“Now it’s time to taste the cheese,” he whispered in her ear.

Derrick turned looked the man in the eyes than smiled. The man put his hand on Kim’s shoulder pushed her and the chair to the floor. He turned toward the bale man before anyone could react raised his gun to his head shot the bale man twice.

The man behind Derrick pulled his gun before he could raised it Derrick gripped his arm smashed it against his knee breaking the man’s wrist in one swift motion. Before the gun could fall from his hand Derrick pulled it from him than pointed it at Hector.

From his side he heard a shot ring out he turned slightly to see the man who shot the bald man, had just shot the short man that was next to Hector.

The man then bended down picked Kim up off of the floor untied the rope that was around her wrist. Kim was a littlie confused but glad to be alive she wondered who this man a friend of Derrick’s?

He walked over to the table closed the silver case picked it up and walked to the door. Kim moved behind Derrick and put her arms around his waist as he talked to Hector.

“Sometimes you should be careful what you bait a trap with: it may become the trap you are baited into. The table’s turns,” Derrick said with a hardness Kim had never seen from him before.

Derrick stepped back raised the gun than shot Hector twice.

In that instant the doubt came back.

Derrick did you use me as bait to get to this man?

Do you love me?






















© Copyright 2006 MAGIC (magicmoney at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1144051-A-THIN-LINE