*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1144110-Not-So-Tiny-Dancer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #1144110
Flash Fiction 300 words "His left foot went one way and his right the other.."
Not So Tiny Dancer


Robert was determined that he could do it. It was only a matter of balance and strength. Figuring at six feet 4 inches and 350 pounds, he had plenty of both, he shouldn’t be having this much trouble. His girlfriend Aileen wanted to go the roller disco this weekend and he was determined to not embarrass himself.

“Well, for crying out loud,” he grumbled, pulling himself up by the handrail for the fourteenth time, “any child can learn to do this! Why the heck can’t I?”

No sooner had those words formed in his mind, then he felt his left foot go one way and as he tried to correct his balance, he felt his right foot going the other way.

“AHhhhhhhh NOOoooooo, THUD!”

Lying there flat on his back, Robert tried as hard as he could not to swear. “Hmmmm, I could say I strained a muscle in my back or leg at work today." He thought. “The way I’ve been bouncing off the floor, I wouldn’t even have to fake a limp!”

“Hi there,” a pleasant girlish voice spoke, “having a little trouble are we?”

Robert focused on the young round face of a girl about twelve years old. "Yeah, I guess I am.” He laughed.

“Would you like some help getting up?” The young girl asked, holding out her hand. “You’re sort of blocking the floor.”

“I decided to take a little nap,” Robert tried joking, “I guess I forgot my pillow and blanket though.”

“Thanks, but I’ll have to do this myself.” He smiled, rolling over, he got to his knees and knee walked to the handrail. “It’s just a matter of strength and balance and I have all week to find some! Lord, what a man will do for love!”
© Copyright 2006 E E Coder (ecoder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1144110-Not-So-Tiny-Dancer