*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1145014-The-Bond-That-Never-Dies
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Children's · #1145014
Flash fiction 300 words or less
The Bond That Never Dies


“Hey, what ya doing?” Mary asked the girl sitting on the bench. “Been here long?”

“Oh, hi," the girl answered, “yeah, we’ve been here since the sun came up.”

“Your mom’s a fan too?” Mary asked.

“A fan?” The girl laughed. “Yeah, I guess you could say that.”

“Mine too,” Mary sighed as she sat down next to the girl, “we’ve been here since, BEFORE the sun came up. We drove in from Nevada, we slept in the car outside the gate last night. Mom just HAD to be the first one in!”

“What the heck is it with them?” the girl asked. “For crimeny sake, it’s ancient history!”

“I don’t know, I don’t even care to know! Mary said, “I was supposed to go school shopping with my friends this week, but NOOOOOOOOO, Mom had to be here! She said it was very important to her and she wanted me to come with her, some sort of a bonding ritual I suppose.”

The girl giggled, “that’s exactly what my Mom said to me too! My name’s Jennifer, well, that’s what everyone but Mom calls me. You don’t even want to know what my real name is.”

“Hi Jennifer,” Mary said with a smile, “my name’s Mary, really it is Marie, but I never liked that name so I ask everyone to call me Mary.”

“Let me guess,” Jennifer said, “you were named after the daughter?”

“Yep,” Mary sighed, “at least she didn’t give me the whole name, my little sister is named Lisa.”

“Oh that’s gross,” Jennifer groaned, “well, you might as well know, my real name is Priscilla.”

With that the two girls made identical gagging sounds as they pretended to stick there fingers in their throats. The two of them sat quietly watching their mothers cry as the setting sun cast a golden beam upon Elvis’ headstone

written for flash contest at:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1129243 by Not Available.



© Copyright 2006 E E Coder (ecoder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1145014-The-Bond-That-Never-Dies