*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1145021-I-hold-you
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · None · #1145021
A poem I did that i believe encompasses insanity
I hold you

I hold you in my arms for the last time.
I can see the life bleed from your eyes.
My hands are bloody and tainted with your slime.
I can see the pain in your eyes, and the pain dies.

I hum a little tune as i breath in your scent for the last time.
My smile is plastered to my face and nothing can remove it.
Your eyes try to drill into my head, as if to accuse me of some crime.
There is no crime that i committed, I have done nothing to you that you didn't deserve.

You tore me, you broke me, you cracked me, you abandoned me to die.
I took the hits, I took the misses, I even took the butterfly kisses.
I ripped my soul in two for you, and now as you lay dying i can't bring myself to cry.
I hope you do not think ill of me, after all you were never more than fond wishes.

Oh come now, I have hear Hell isn't so bad, it may even be good for you.
Do not cry, don't try and sway me into saving you, i did that once before.
Your beautiful brown eyes, so enchanting, are now faded and devoid of hue.
It is over now, I have come and gone, and now I have settled the score.

I sit here with my hands holding an imaginary body, and I still feel you.
Although you were never there, I can still feel the wonders of your touch.
I can smell the blood on my hands, it was never but it sickens me to.
I know the body never was, and never will be, but I still don't miss you much

Jared Devries

© Copyright 2006 Jared Devries (jaredd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1145021-I-hold-you