*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1145203-The-Almighties-Dark-Destinies
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1145203
The Chosen Ones of Dark are sent to Earth
Prologue Part One: The Children of Dark

Four women stood in front of Lord Seth, the ruler of Dark. Dark did not get its name because it was dark all the time. It was called that for two reasons. One was that during the day it wasn’t sunny. It was dark like the sky gets just before a big storm. The sun was black. The other was because everyone had solid black hair. Except for four three-year-old children. The children now stood beside their mothers. One girl was just a little bit taller than the others were. In time two of the others would grow and be taller than she but for the time being she was the tallest. Her mother was also the richest. Her name was Kasumi and she had long silvery hair with light blue streaks. One girl had shoulder length dark blue hair with silver streaks. Her name was Gaki. One girl had slightly long blood-red hair. Her name was Samara. There was one boy in the group named Michiro; he had dark green hair.
“Are these the Chosen Ones?” Seth asked. The mothers nodded.
“Are they going to be sent to Earth?” Samara’s mother asked. Seth nodded.
“It is not safe for them here. Besides their destinies are to receive their stones and get their elemental powers from Earth. There are four great evils from Bright that will be born into three of their new families six years after they arrive and those four shall meet and they shall try to destroy these four,” Seth said. “If they succeed then Dark and Bright will come under their control and they will rule us all.” He paused for a moment so that this information could sink in.
“What will happen if our children win?” Samara’s mother asked.
“If these four succeed then the two worlds will remain under separate rulers and they will be brought back here to rule our world,” Seth explained. “Oh, one other thing. Two of the evils will be Samara’s half sisters, one will be Kasumi’s, and one will be Michiro’s. But Michiro’s and Kasumi’s Earth parents will split up after their sisters are born so they will never know each other. In fact, in time Kasumi and Michiro will forget that they even have sisters. Also, when they reach Earth they will become newborns so that when the Evils arrive they will be six years old.”
“Who will take them to the portal?” Kasumi’s mother asked. “There are so many monsters after them I think that Shina should. She is the poorest after all.” Shina looked down at Samara.
“I only want the children to be safe. I’ll go.” Gaki’s mother frowned at Kasumi’s mother but said nothing. After all she certainly didn’t want to risk her life just to get to some silly portal. Michiro’s mother also remained silent. Seth nodded.
“Then it has been decided. Shina will take the children to the portal tonight at midnight.”
“Your highness,” Gaki’s mother said. “She had better get going then because it is now midnight.” Seth nodded at Shina. Gaki and Michiro hugged their mothers. Kasumi reached for her mother but her mother turned away from her. Then the three children back to Shina. She took Samara and Michiro by the hands and led them to the door. Kasumi and Gaki followed close behind.
“One more thing,” Seth said. Shina and the children stopped.
“Yes?” Shina asked. She kept her voice steady so that the children would not be afraid.
“Be careful.” Shina nodded and led the children out the door. They left the palace and walked through a field.
“Now children,” Shina whispered. “You all must be very quiet do you understand? There are monsters just waiting to get you.” The children nodded gravely, their eyes wide with fear. Looking into their eyes was like looking at a strangely colored rainbow. Kasumi’s eyes were an icy blue color with flecks of silver. Gaki’s were silver with flecks of dark blue. Samara’s were dark red and Michiro’s were dark green. Shina trembled with fear as they walked.
“If only you were here Makoto,” she whispered with a sigh. Makoto was Samara’s father. Halfway across the field they heard a twig snap. Shina glanced behind her and saw the shadow of a large monster.
“Run,” she hissed. “Run to that cave over there.” The children looked across the remaining distance to the cave. Shina released Samara and Michiro’s hands.
“Mother,” Samara whimpered softly.
“Go Mara-chan. If I do not come in two minutes go to the handprints on the wall. Touch them and say the first thing that comes into your heads.” They nodded and began to run. Michiro grabbed Samara’s hand.
“What ever you do,” Kasumi ordered. “Don’t look back.” They entered the cave. Samara stopped and against Kasumi’s order turned back to the field. The monster raised its clawed hand high above its head and hit Shina. She fell to the ground.
“Mother!” Samara screamed. The monster looked up, its eyes glowing red with evil. Michiro pulled Samara to her handprint. She had begun to sob hysterically.
“Samara, put your hand on the handprint,” he begged. “Please, the monster will come any moment. Do it for your mother.”
“Believe me, Mara-chan, we won’t remember anything once we pass through the portal,” Gaki said not wanting to hear the other girl cry. Gaki didn’t like it when other people cried.
“I think it’s better that way,” Kasumi said trying her best to be helpful.
“Nobody asked you,” Gaki snapped.
“Quit fighting,” Michiro said. “We have to get out of here.” They all heard the footsteps of the monster, as it got closer. They touched the handprints with their right hands.
“Air and ice,” Kasumi said.
“Water and lightning,” Gaki said.
“Fire,” Samara said, her voice choked with tears.
“Earth,” Michiro said. The monster appeared at the mouth of the cave.
“Healing,” they said together. Then they were sucked through a tunnel that seemed to have memories of the lives they were going to have. They saw their new families standing with them and smiling. At the end of the tunnel was a small pinprick of light. Suddenly, a thought occurred to Samara.
“Kasumi?” she asked, as the light became brighter as they got closer.
“What?” Kasumi asked her voice slightly cold. She wasn’t trying to be mean to Samara, she was just upset. She wanted to be with her mother but her mother, being as rich and arrogant as she was, didn’t want to be with her. She hadn’t even said goodbye.
“Will we remember each other?” Samara asked hoping that they would.
“No,” Kasumi replied. “But we’ll meet again and feel a strong connection between us as if we’ve meet before. That is until we remember again.” Samara nodded and then she was blinded by light as they came out of the tunnel…



© Copyright 2006 Izumi-hime (izumi-hime at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1145203-The-Almighties-Dark-Destinies