*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1150921-They-Took-Her-Home-2
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1150921
Continuation of the alien abuction story with a twist
         Sirens sounded in the distance and Ryan scrambled to his feet. He needed to get out of there, he did not want to have questions asked by the police when all he had was a fantastic story to tell. He knew he would not be taken seriously as there was no evidence nor witnesses to what had just taken place. A glance back at the shattered front of the diner sent a shiver of apprehension through his tall frame and then he ran into the same darkness that had swallowed the bleeding man earlier.
         The deadbolt snapped into place with a statisfying click but the fear still welled within him. He did not know what to do nor what even to think. One shaking hand rubbed over his face and he realized he was covered with dust and stank of sour sweat. A shower, yes that would make him wake up and gather his shredded composure. Clothing was peeled from his body as he made his way to the bathroom and dropped to the floor as he passed. His mind wandered back to the conversation that he and Krystle had just a month earlier when the dreams had begun again.

         "So you say the dreams are always the same?" Ryan asked sipping at the hot coffee.

"No, not the the same...well they are the same but each dream goes further each time. It is like a movie that has been paused, a movie that I have not seen yet, and when I dream it starts where it left off the time before." Krystle said softly.

Ryan could see she was disturbed. "The progression of the dreams has been constant since you were a child?"

"When I was little the dreams, well now I know they were memories, were dark and quick. It was like I could get a peek at what was happening in the room but I was never shown in. When I awoke from the dream I could only remember small snatches of the dream such as a long fingered hand with gray skin or the humming sound of something mechanical near me. I never saw anything clearly until this past week. Each night the dreams come in full color with sound and even smells." A shudder wracked her body and she took a long drink of her tea.

He knew these dreams were taking a toll on her. The dark circles under her eyes were deeping and her energy was low.

Krystle looked up at him and said softly. "I know I am different. I always have been."

One of his brows arched upward as he gazed at the blonde woman before him. She was no different than any other girl he knew except for one small thing, her empathy. She could calm anyone from the most hysterical to the growling dog down the road. But to call her different, no, she was unique in some ways as we all are but not so different that people would shun her.

"I could be in a crowded room and completely disappear. I could stand next to a person while they talked with another. They would be as open with each other as if they were alone, not ever noticing me or even moving away. I always knew when a storm was coming, the hairs on my body would tingle as if electrically charged, and the animals....they were the best part." she smiled weakly at him.

Yes, the animals were the best part he thought and he smiled gently back at her. Ever since high school when they had met he noticed her affinity with animals. They would flock to her, regardless of temperment or species. Even at the zoo the tiger would stop its pacing to come to the front of his enclousure to gaze into her violet eyes. It was different, now that he thought of it, yes it was very different. His gaze lifted to meet hers once more and before he could tell her about his thoughts she shocked him.

"I am not of this place Ryan. I know it and I think I am dying because I am still here. I think I need to go away....somewhere else to...to...how to say it...recharge." she sighed softly, a tired and lonely sound.

"Away? Away where?" he asked cofused.

The violet gaze met his and she whispered. "Home."
© Copyright 2006 TheSideShowMarvel (showgoeson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1150921-They-Took-Her-Home-2