*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1151619-An-Angels-Love
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #1151619
Kristy's gaurdien angel rescues her from death to prove his love.
*Snow2* An Angels Love *Snow2*



*Snow1* * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * *Snow1*



It was a cool, winter night and Kristy tossed a rock into the calm water of the pond behind her house. She watched the ripples shimmer in the light from the full moon. The night breeze carried her breath out and away in puffy clouds. As she looked up at the star filled sky, snowflakes fell upon her face and mingled with the warm tears flowing from her red rimmed, green eyes. She licked her lips to taste the salty tears at the corner of her mouth. The glittering snowflakes dusted her long, wavy, brown hair which hung loose down her back.

“Why? Why can’t I just be loved like everyone else?” she asked the night.

Kristy wanted someone to love her, but she has always felt like she was never meant to be born. Her parents abandoned her when she was five. They took her to her aunt’s house one night and never came back for her. She couldn’t remember much about them, except that she never told her that she loved her. Her aunt put her up for adoption when she realized Kristy’s parents were not coming back. “I don’t have time to raise a little brat like you!” Her aunt said just be for she walked out the doors of the shelter house. Kristy never saw her again.

A family adopted her, but when they won the lottery they took her back saying; “We don’t need you anymore! We just adopted you so we could get a check!” They kept her in a small room in the attic. She could remember the cold nights when she slept at the door just to feel the warmth coming from the next room and the hot summer days she would lay in her bed so exhausted from the heat that she didn't feel like doing anything.

Cruel kids picked on her in the shelter house. She could hear the voices echo in her head. "Stinky Kristy has holey feet!" "Don't get too close to Kristy! The rats in her nappy hair will jump out and bite you! She would lay on her small hard cot with a thin blanket and cry herself to sleep most nights, but sometimes she would get a feeling someone watched over her. Kristy could hear a voice say "Be strong Kristy. Everything will be okay."

The shelter fed the kids dry cereal for breakfast, a plain cheese sandwich for lunch, and for supper, a small bowl of beans with a slice of bread. Every now and then she would get lucky and the bread would not be old and stale. Sometimes, boys that sat across the table from her would toss pieces of the stale bread in her hair and laugh at her. "Look! Kristy is feeding the rats in her hair!" The shelter provided two uniforms and though Kristy tried to keep hers clean, she often found herself scrambling to wash them, fighting for a handful of soap. Sometimes she had to just use water. Her shoes had holes in them and were one size too small for her feet.

She was in and out of many foster homes before she ended up here. This was the worst one of them all. She could not leave until she turned eighteen and that is six months away. Her new, adopted, alcoholic father beat her every day. After school she would come home and sneak upstairs to her room, hoping he would pass out before he realized she was home. She hid in her small closet shaking from fear, sobbing. Sometimes, he would find her in there and drag her out by her hair, kicking and screaming. He used his bare hands, but sometimes he would take off his belt and beat her with it till she stopped screaming. She could still hear his drunken slurred words in her head. " If you ever tell anyone I will beat you so bad that nobody will recognize you. Nobody wants you, because you're worthless!"

Kristy dropped to her knees in the icy snow as she clenched a knife in her hand that she took out of her adopted father’s pocket when he passed out on the couch for the night after he beat her. She watched the reflection on the water as the light from the full moon danced off the cold, rigid steel.

“I just can’t take it anymore!” she choked out.

Kristy held out her wrists and sliced through the warm flesh. She winced at the excruciating pain, but the pain felt nothing like the agony that filled her heart. She dropped the bloody knife in the snow and watched the warm liquid seep from her wrists. She could feel trails of blood run down her arms and drip off her elbows. Feeling dizzy and faint, she watched a dark, crimson puddle stain the sparkling, white snow. Kristy swayed back and forth like the ripples across the dirty pond water. Life drained away and her body tingled then went numb. At that same moment, her mind let go of all the feelings, the pain, the sorrow the emptiness of being alone. She didn't care anymore. All she wanted was to die so the aching in her heart would stop. She closed her eyes as her last tear rolled down her wind-chapped face and fell forward into the icy pond. As she opened her eyes and looked up, she could see the trail of blood coming from her wrists. She sank closer to the mossy bed of the pond. The dirty water stung her lungs as it pushed the air from her body. Kristy closed her eyes welcoming the darkness that embraced her.

****
Zaine hovered above the cold, dirty water as he watched Kristy sink further away from him. The longer he watched, the more he panicked as he realized that he would never see her again. He couldn’t stand the thought of her dying that way. He loved her too much.

He looked up to the heavens and said, “Not this way. Let me save her.”

A strong, soothing voice spoke in his head. “There is only one way. Are you willing to sacrifice your innocence for her?”

“I have watched her grow into the woman she is now and as I watched my love for her has grown as well. I love her too much to see her die like this so my answer is yes. I am willing to sacrifice everything for her.”

The voice spoke “Then so it will be.”

As Zaine spread his long, feathered wings and held out his arms, a blinding light broke through the clouds and struck him. His wings broke free and dissolved. Warm tears flowed from his eyes, a sensation he never felt before. Senses awoke in the former angel: smell, taste, touch, things he could not grasp before that moment for having been deprived of them all his eternal life. His heart began to ache from the love he felt for Kristy.

For the last time the voice said, “For you sacrificing your innocence I shall grant your wish and let you have her.”

The light disappeared into the clouds just as quickly as it appeared. Zaine felt the cold sensation of the water as he hit the surface. He never knew cold before that moment. He dived down through the dirty water in search. When he reached the bottom, he saw her limp body. He grabbed her around the waist and kicked to the surface. As his face met the cold night air, he sucked in a deep breath of fresh air. He swam over to the bank and pushed her up out of the water onto the snow-covered ground. He climbed up the muddy bank and kneeled over her. He ripped pieces off his robe and bound her wrists to stop the bleeding. He placed his hands on her chest and began to press.

“Come back to me Kristy. Let me love you like you should be.” He gently placed his lips mouth over her cold, wet lips and breathed life back into her lungs.

When he sat up, Kristy spit out water and gasped for air. Her eyes flickered as her vision cleared and she found herself looking up at the most handsome face she had ever seen. He looked at her with beautiful, caring blue eyes. His hair was as golden as honey and with his perfect lips he formed a smile. She could feel the warmth of his gentle embrace around her trembling body. Zaine picked her up and carried her to the old, run-down barn on the other side of the pond. He sat down on a pile of hay and cradled her.

Kristy whispered, “Who are you?”

Zaine brushed the wet hair from her face. “I thought I had lost you forever,” he replied.

The gentle, soothing voice sounded so familiar to her. It brought a sense of peacefulness. She felt so warm and content in his strong arms. It was the same voice that soothed her to sleep at nights when she lived at the shelter house as a child. The only voice she ever loved because it was the only one that brought her comfort that did not demean her.

“Zaine.” For some reason she knew his name and it shocked her.

“I have been watching over you for so long and I have longed to hold you in my arms. I have waited so long to tell you that I love you Kristy.” Zaine gently brushed his thumb across her moist lips.

Tears welled up in her eyes and her voice shook as she said, “I have waited so long to hear someone say those words, but nobody loves me. Just let me die.”

Zaine cradled her face in his hands as his breath lightly brushed across her cheek. “I can't let you die. I love you Kristy.”

Kristy closed her eyes and tears rolled down her cheeks as he pressed his lips to hers. She felt loved for the first time in her life. It was a feeling she never felt before. She wrapped her arms around his strong, broad shoulders hoping that if she held him there the feeling would never go away. He slowly slid her off his lap onto the golden hay. She felt the overwhelming urge for him to hold her and love her like she always dreamed of. His tongue teased her lips and she opened to taste the sweetness of his love. As their lips parted from the spellbinding kiss, Kristy sighed from deep within her. An irresistible aching for the man holding her, consumed Kristy. Zaine trailed soft kisses down her neck to her small collarbone, as he unfastened her pants. He raised her up and slid her pants off. He caressed her soft inner thigh as his hand found its way to her panties. The gentle caress sent warm chills of delight throughout her body. He pulled them off and tossed them to the side with her pants.

Zaine leaned over her to claim her lips as he sensually rubbed the juicy folds between her trembling thighs. Kristy wanted him inside of her. She untied his robe and slid it off his shoulders. He shrugged it off onto the golden hay beneath them. She could feel the pulse of his manhood against her leg and it intensified her desire for him.

He couldn’t wait to feel her warm wetness around his aching manhood as he knelt between her thighs. He waited so long to show Kristy how much he loved her.

Zaine huskily whispered, “Tell me you love me. I will not go any further if you do not.” He held his breath as he waited for her to answer, hoping she loved him as much as he loved her.

Kristy pulled his face down to hers and hesitated for a brief moment as she looked into his crystal blue eyes. She could see the love in the watery depths. “I love you. I have always loved you.”

Zaine released a deep groan before he pressed his lips to hers and gently slid his manhood inside her. Both of them claimed each other’s innocence as they made passionate love. Everything faded away except for the undeniable love they showed for each other. As she rubbed her hands down the slender curves of his back she felt the warm wetness of blood coming from where his wings used to be. The sweat on their bodies glistened in the moonlight that shone down on them from a hole in the barn roof. Snowflakes dusted the air surrounding them. They fell further into the world of ecstasy with each passing minute. Kristy’s body filled with a sensation she had never felt before and each thrust sent her further over the edge. She buried her face into his chest as she muffled a long, deep moan.

Zaine felt her hot juices engulf his manhood. His body began to tremble as he released his seed into her body and joined her in bliss.

As they laid in the hay with their bodies entwined under the moonlight Zaine whispered into her ear "I love you Kristy. Let me take you far away from this place. Will you come away with me?"

Kristy tightened her grip around him as happy tears filled her eyes. "Oh, yes, Zaine. Yes!"

Zaine held her in his warm embrace as she snuggled closer to him and gently kissed her on the forehead. He watched her as she fell into a deep sleep for the first time since she was a baby.


© Copyright 2006 ~* Moon Beam *~ (lrplunkett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1151619-An-Angels-Love