*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1151724-In-The-Dark
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Altair
Rated: 13+ · Other · Supernatural · #1151724
series of journal entries. Note:short, test for possible larger work more then anything
July 1st, 10:00 A.M.

I have decided to keep this log, so if I fail in my task another may take my place. I'd best explain my task.

My grandfather told me stories when i was a child, stories of the things that
lurk in the night. Vampires were the worst of the creatures he told me of. Grandpa would tell me of how they would kill, then the police would set up the death to look like something else was the cause. The police did this, he said, to hide the horrible truth from the world at large. They feared the panic that would ensue if the truth were known.


I wish I had believed him then, if I had I might have prevented what happened
to my wife. The police claimed it was a automobile accident. They say she was
in a car with another man. They say he was drunk and hit a telephone pole.
This obvious lie made me realise what they must be covering up.

That was two years ago, I have spent the time since then haunting the streets
after dark. I have learned the enemy is clever. Vampires have filed their teeth down
and found ways to walk in daylight, so they seem just like every one else to the untrained eye. I have learned to tell them from normal people, I can't quite explain
how I do. I feel it must be an ability that has become instinctive. I have yet to see a Vampire feed, they are much to clever for that. Tonight I will begin to fight back.


July 2nd, 2 A.M

My first night on the hunt was successful. I killed two vampires in separate strikes. The first I found in an alley, and quickly drove a stake through his heart from behind. Attacking from behind is crucial because if they see you attack, they'll be able to use their superior strength and speed to defeat you. The second was dispatched in much the same manner.


July 2nd, 10 A.M

The morning paper listed two murders, police had no comment on method of killings. Obviously the vampires killed two innocents in revenge for their own losses. The killings must have been extremely brutal if the police were unable to provide a better cover story.


July 3rd, 2 A.M

Hunt tonight went even better, three dead vampires.

July 3rd, 10 A.M


Paper this morning listed three murders. If vampires continue this one for one revenge, I may be force to consider alternate methods of hunting to disguise my kills.


July 4th, 3 A.M

Streets were abandoned tonight, no one out at all.

July 4th 10 A.M


News this morning spoke of fear of a crazed killer on the streets keeping people indoors at night. The lack of people on streets obviously gave vampires no reason to be out either. I feel i must pause my hunt until the fear subsides.






© Copyright 2006 Altair (altair at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1151724-In-The-Dark