*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154444-Just-Another-Beautiful-Morning
Rated: E · Prose · Personal · #1154444
A short prose about morning.
A red hot ball peeks over the horizon and fades slightly into a fiery orange,followed by a radiant pink. What began with a fierocity, that given the chance would burn your eyes, has dulled ever so slightly into the most delicate of lavenders, and begins to expand into the palest of blues. On it goes into darker shades, striking a forget-me-not blue and keeps going into the dark of night, unveiling the hallow of space. Simple flecks of shimmering silver, pitted against the darkness that was night, hold out until the brightness of dawn lets them rest. Each star holding in its clutches a secret or a wish from days long past and memories still close at heart. Falling stars reaching their destinations, blooming in fulfillment of a souls' cry for help. Across the expanse a cloud catches the light and seems to burn, and change, and burn again.
As the new light of day begins to wake the earth a sweet song of hope begins to rise through the skies, filling everything it touches with a brand new beauty. Bringing to life a broken branch strewn on the ground, speckles of dew resting on the grass and lazily sliding down the soft petal of a flower.
Spotting the landscape are dozens of houses set in neat little rows, different sizes and colors, each one unique like the many people who lay sleeping inside. Dreams still thick in the air, swirling about, intertwining with hopes and fears, needs and loves. Children tucked away safely in bed, with the faces of angels and the sweet serenity of sleeping babes. Lovers lay nestled together, blanketed by an epic love that lives in their hearts and plays out in their dreams. Blocking out the intrusions of everyday living. Safe. Simply because they lay, locked in one anothers arms.
As the world begins to wake, the tinest of sparrows and most boastful of robins begin their harmony anew. Singing hope and love, prayers for a better day. Touching each creature, small and large, as the simple yet enduring song drifts on.
With promise renewed the dream world begins to relinquish its hold over its many captives. As eyes begin to flutter open, and our dreams and realities find themselves entangled together, our hopes are allowed to soar as high as the sky, without anything to damper them.
As the sweet song begins its end, and our dreams drift further away, we are left with the simplest of hopes for the start of a fresh day, because if even for a moment there was the sweetest peace that blanketed the earth.
It was just another beautiful morning, there will be another tomorrow, too. No matter what comes in between, we will always have the morning.
© Copyright 2006 jennifer white (jennwhite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154444-Just-Another-Beautiful-Morning