*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154668-Six
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Personal · #1154668
This is something i wrote for my husband, a soldier in the US army and was in Iraq.
Three small words, I love you. Three more, I miss you. Those six words are everything, but they cannot compare to how I feel.
If you were here my sweet, I would give you a kiss, for it would tell all. It is into the kiss that I pour my heart. And it is for you that my heart beats.
With every heartbeat comes an image, a memory, a dream. In my mind I am a princess with a happily ever after. In reality I can’t help but think the same. But right now you are gone, and there are many miles between us.
I see you in the bedroom, the bathroom, and forever by my side. You bend slightly for a kiss, you walk in with a, "hunny I’m home."
As I wake you’re the first thing I see, I give you a kiss as I remember each mile between you and I. Still I see only your love.
I remember senior prom and how handsome you looked in a tux. What a time my mother and I had getting you into one.
I remember the flowers you would bring me for no reason other than you felt like it. Roses and daisies, my favorite.
I remember our first time together. I remember after, out on the porch. Your poor boxers. I love you.
I remember our wedding, as you put the ring on my finger and said, “I do.” I remember the dress I wore for you. And I think of how happy you make me.
I remember waiting for you in the airport to come home at Christmas during basic training. I remember how I felt when I finally had you in my arms again. I can’t wait for that feeling again.
I remember the births of our children, and watching you hold them in your arms for the first time. You are the most wonderful father in the world. No matter how far away you are your children will always know how much you love them.
I imagine holding your hand and drifting off to sleep in your arms, like we have done so many times before.
I remember the way you liked it when I kept you company while you were taking a bath. And how much I enjoyed it too. The conversation was always great…. So was the view.
I remember everything about you. Us.
I know that throughout eternity our hearts will beat as one. Together we’ll weave a dance of love that is only a glimpse of the depths that we feel for each other.
You are my love, my darling, my sacred one. You are my lover and my best friend. I dream of the time when you get off the plane and back into my arms where you belong. Until then my love, I bid you sweet dreams at night, a smile under the sun (for me if for no one else), and a safe return home.
I am so proud of you hunny. I love you. I miss you.

© Copyright 2006 jennifer white (jennwhite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1154668-Six