*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1155075-A-Prisoner-In-His-Eyes-Part-1
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Young Adult · #1155075
What happens when a girl witnesses the death of her best friend at the hands of a vampire?
"Yea watever," I say stomping down the stairs to the door.

"Please Val, just try to be back before midnite this time," my mother called from the kitchen.

As if she even cared, I thought.

"Yea and when you come back in can you at least turn off the lights. Its like... damn! I always have to fuc*** get up and turn them off," I hear my 12 year old brother yell from his room where he was no doubt playing his PSP.

"As if I even care," I yelled back mimicking what he always said when I said something--anything.

"You know what fu** you!" he shouted.

I jumped down the last few steps and grabbed the doorknob.

"Look at you honey," my mom said suddenly coming out the kitchen, "why do you always want to walk out at night? What’s the big attraction? Your so pale."

"Because, mom, its more exciting walking around at night. Its better than having the sun glare at you all day," I say not really in the mood to explain to her.

I hear her sigh as if finally giving up on me. Just as I walk out and close the door behind me, I hear my brother going on about what a freak I am. Rage boiled inside me and I fought back the urge to go back in and punch him. He didn’t understand a single thing about me and never even tried. I’m so sick of them. The only one I really loved and felt like he understood me was my dad. My mom wasn’t so bad. She just worried too much sometimes.

I sighed and started heading towards the woods where I was supposed to meet my best friend Moon. Tonight we were supposed to check out this abandoned house I found a few weeks ago. The wood was a good hour’s walk from my house. Moon lived closer to it so she only had to walk like 30 minutes. She would get there first than me.
I glance up at the moon shining an eerie yellow glow and for an instant I forgot all about my problems and where I was going. The moon had that kind of effect on me. But it was only for an instant.

An hour later

I finally reach the entrance to the woods. The tall black iron gates loom in front of the trees lying behind it. As if protecting them.
I look around and suddenly realized Moon wasn’t there. Which really wasn’t like her. She was always the first one to arrive. I check my watch. 12:37am. I look up and down the street but it was completely empty. Not a single car or nightwalker. I suddenly felt uncomfortable being so alone and I wrap my arms around myself for comfort. Where is she, I wonder.
Suddenly I hear footsteps near me. I jerk my head to the left, but there was no one there. I could’ve sworn the sound came from that direction. A hand suddenly clasps over my mouth stifling a scream as he throws me against the fence.
© Copyright 2006 Pringles (xxevanescexx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1155075-A-Prisoner-In-His-Eyes-Part-1