*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1155255-A-Prisoner-In-His-Eyes-Part-2-Regret
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Teen · #1155255
The last time she'll see her.
"Moon! What are you doing?!" I whisper fiercely when she takes her hand off my mouth. She fell into a fit of giggles.

"I'm sorry! I couldnt resist," she laughed. I scoff trying to slow my racing heart.

"What took you so long to get here," I asked her once she stopped laughing.

"My parents took longer than usual to fall asleep. I couldnt sneak out," she replied looking me up and down. "And what are you all dressed up for?" she asked eyeing my clothes. I follow her gaze.

Tonight I was wearing my sleeveless black button-up shirt, a red and black plaid skirt reaching just above my knees and my knee-high combat boots. My wrists were covered with tons of thin black bracelets.

"Moon, I always dress like this," I say rolling my eyes at her. She rolls her eyes back at me smiling. Then she turns her face to the iron gates.

"So," she started, "you ready to climb this thing?"

I grinned at her.

"Of course," she nodded and we start climbing the rusty gate. It took a great deal of effort. Especially for me. Combat boots were definately not made for climbing gates. But after a few strained pulls and slip-ups I finally reach the pointed top. I look down to the other side.

"Come on!" she urged. Frantically looking beyond the gates to see if anyone was out walking around and would see us.

"I'm trying!" I retort. I swing one leg over the top and then the other one. I quickly start climbing down and then jump the last few feet down. Then I land with a thud and scramble back up. Moon grabs my wrists and we run straight into the woods.

"Ok Val," Moon gasped, "I think we can both slow down," Moon says after running for about 10 minutes. We slow down gasping for air.

"You think anyone saw us?" I ask her. She impulsively looks back.

"I dont think so," she breathed. I sighed with relief and keep walking. Trees surround us from all directions and for as far a I can see. Branches block our was and scratch my arms. Uprooted tree roots made us stumble every few feet. But after and hour of tripping and bleeding the house comes in view infront of a clearing.

I look at Moon who grins and jogs up to the clearing. I follow her.

Trees no longer surround us as I stare up at the old house.

"Come on!" Moon says running up the stairs. I barely hear her as I keep staring at the house. It was the best 3 story house I had ever seen. Even if it was old, abandoned and boarded up. I felt as if something about it was drawing me towards it.

As if it was holding a deadly secret.

"Shit," I hear Moon gasp bringing me back to reality.

"What?"

She turns around, her face skeptical. "Wasn't the door locked the last time we came here?" she asked. I look at her clutching the doorknob, the door open. Frowning I jog up the stairs.

"Thats weird," I mumble more to myself than anyone. She opened the door wider and it creaked its protest. Looking inside I could barely see anything. It was completely dark.

I feel Moon shiver next to me and surpress one myself.

Well, I think, we didnt come here for nothing. And with that I step inside.

Almost instantly I felt a strange feeling overcame me. As if I was trespassing. As if someone still lived here and would catch me any second. I look up and make out a dusty chandeliar in the darkness.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Moon walk into what I thought was the kitchen as I walk up to a dusty portrait hanging on the wall. Im about to wipe off the dust when I hear a loud thud.

"Moon?" I turn around. A sick feeling filled my stomach and I was suddenly filled with dread. Something defiantely wasnt right.

"Moon," I called and walked to the kitchen. What I saw had my head reeling and my guts aching.

Moon was lying on the floor, her eyes wide open. I could still see the fear in them. A pool of blood surrounds her body and a huge chunk of her neck was missing.

"Moon?!" I scream. I run towards her ignoring the blood while my heart thunders in my ears.

Please still be alive!

I pick her head up, blood staining my hands. Her lifeless eyes stared back at me. Tears streamed down my face. How the hell did this happen? Who did this?

"What are you doing here?" I look up to see someone else standing over Moons body. I gasp and pull her closer to me.

"Who are you?!" I start to ask but then I see the blood staining his lips. "You killed her!," I scream, "you fu$$ing killed her!!"

"You shouldnt have come here," he growled and stepped towards me. I let go of Moon and stood up. Tears blurred my vision. Everything suddenly felt dreamlike. I stumbled to back away.

"No," I mumble. The color of blood was all around me. On me. I felt weak. I closed my eyes but saw Moon's lifeless eyes. I tried to open them again, to erase the look of her face. My knees buckled and I felt myself falling.

But I never hit the floor.
© Copyright 2006 Pringles (xxevanescexx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1155255-A-Prisoner-In-His-Eyes-Part-2-Regret