*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1160740-Money-isnt-everything
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1160740
Having money does not mean that you have everything. Money does not bring happiness.
Money isn't everything

This morning I have read a news article about Forbes billiionaires. It makes me wonder what their lives is like. Having money is not the most important thing in my life. Do I have lots of money, of course not, and I like it that way.

You may ask, "Why?" The answer is simple. Not having lots of money keeps me in perspective of way life is. God does not give us more than we can handle, and I do not handle money very well. Does that make me envious of others who have lots of money? To be quite honest, yes sometimes. However, I keep reminding myself that money is not everything and I need to remind myself to be thankful for what I have.

The greatest lesson that I learned was being homeless for about 2 years back in the early 80's and ever since then I will never complain if I don't have enough food to eat, or If I don't have the best material items, to me, those are irrevalent. The main thing is that I am thankful for a roof over my head and food to eat, and good friends that I can talk to whenever I need to.

My challenge for you, the reader, is to take a look around you and see what you can be thankful for.
© Copyright 2006 kwgardner2006 (kwgardner2006 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1160740-Money-isnt-everything