*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1162513-A-Calling
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Brown
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1162513
A brief message concerning the human condition.
         Since our nascence it has been clear that the world which we inhabit is pervaded by acts of unspeakable horror and enmity that surpass the wildest tales of fiction. And while our religions attempt to explain this interminable suffering through the use of dogmas on vengeful or remote deities, it is my belief that we are merely too ashamed to admit that we have brought these atrocities upon ourselves, Whether we are too ignorant to learn from our errors, or simply biologically wired to behave in this manner, the truth is that we have repeated our mistakes invariably, time and time again.
         Yet how are we to respond to this? It is easy for us to become cynical of the world’s condition, or perhaps withdraw into our own private realms of meditation. We might accept this cycle of suffering for what it is, and not what we could make of it. We could cloister ourselves in sacred buildings and offer futile prayers for divine intervention, or even simply wait in complacence for a grand absolution. But we have already wasted millennia trying all of this for naught. There will be no messiah, no one person, being, or event to redeem us all. We must save each other, and we must act now.
© Copyright 2006 Brown (theone858 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1162513-A-Calling