*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1163088-Seasons-Of-Love
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1163088
A beauty in every season ... Love

Seasons of Love
My life began with something special, something no one would ever think they would have. Like a dream or a wish that would never come true, but for me, it was much more than just a dream or wish. I actually lived through it. My days were full of laughter and joy and within every waking moment, I felt my heart tugging at me. Since then, I knew I was in love. In love with the inevitable man that had walked into my dreams and thoughts. He was the one...he was the only one and no one could have been better. The first time we met was at a pond surrounded by swans, his eyes were dazzled with the color of the deep blue sky and the hint of peaches on his skin. I was always struck by his unique smiles and his delicate touch. Yet my past didn't really have a story to it, they were just meteors of miracles.

When summer began its journey, there was love in the air, spiritless and wondering. It was like a circle that has no beginning or end. A rose that bloomed in the heart warming spring, all the petals grew out of their beauty and fell off, hitting the ground with the trembles of the earth. Holes were filled with puddles when rain began with the sound of every water drop. Everywhere you looked, there were shimmers of crystal pouring down. Autumn days arrived with a pleasant glee, with intrinsically leaves indigenous from trees that grew closer to death within every minute. They changed their colors to magnificent wonders that caught the sparks of every lover's eyes. One by one, the leaves were swept off their feet by the roaring winds that grew colder each day and night. The enchanting hearts had frozen to ice in a winter horizon. The sun slowly faded away, beginning the realm of icy darkness. Every cherishing kiss I made began a new season, the seasons of love.

I remember walking down a path beside him, with the faint scent of pink blossoms that hung on the trees. All the petals fell one by one; it looked as if it was rain that was slowed down so you can see the beauty within each drop. So many glassy lakes I have crossed, and so many skies full of illusions I've seen. I've watched the sky in the water's reflection and the leaves floating on the surface of the crystal water. With every season to come and past, I could feel my heart grew darker and colder. The more moments I cherished, the more moments I lost to keep. With every step I took, I became farther from the man I truly loved.

The moment I woke up one dark morning, my heart tugged at me again. But that time, it was different. I felt stings and pain, and for once, I was afraid. Afraid to let go, afraid to lose everything I've got. But there was no defense toward it; the happiness disappeared when my love vanished; vanished from this cruel world that we now live on. His absence made the sunshine slant and the seasons went by slower than usual. I felt loneliness to have a loss, the loss of my life. Everything fell to silence when I knew from the very moment that I would not have a chance to ever touch my lover's hand again; the images of him that kept spinning and swirling endlessly in my head created streams of tears rushing down my face. My shallow heart turned to stone ice, and shattered. I could hear the shattering of them, like mirror pieces. The pieces could never be put back together, because I made a promise, a promise to never fall in love again. But I couldn't say I regretted falling in love with him. Love also meant despair; it was a fiend, fire, and pain. But overall, it was also a gift; a dream world that turned to reality.
"When there is love, there is life"
And that was what I had.
© Copyright 2006 SnowAngel (comicboyz4eva at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1163088-Seasons-Of-Love