*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1165468-Rage
Rated: 13+ · Other · Psychology · #1165468
A brief piece about the release of rage
RAGE

Everybody had suffered through a debilitating bout of rage, even those perfect few that couldn't contemplate uttering words that sound like fuck and shit. Let alone four letter words beginning with C. I'm not talking about your garden variety anger that produces course language and passes faster than a night on the gas, I'm referring to red-faced, head in your hands, screaming rage. Blood boiling, heart racing, outcome-be-damned rage. The kind where you try to push your hands through your face while you muffle the outrageous sound that begs to be set free on an unsuspecting public. The relentless kind of rage that isn't satisfied with a chair throwing or table kicking release. This rage wants to be set free through your mind and body and unleashed to reap havoc until the blinding moment (you better hope it's only a moment) has passed leaving you with no recollection of your behaviour other than the broken TV remote or agape stares of those around you. It isn't until then that your heartbeat slows, your blood begins to simmer and you're left to deal with the repercussions of another lost moment. You swore you would never again submit to it's wrathe but alas the ball of your foot aches and the TV screen now has a star shaped black hole through which no entertainment can reach you, not even the revered reality TV shows.

Rage forms from varies stimulus and depending on your specific fuse, is released in a multitude of ways. Fortunately for me most of my turmoil is generated and directed inward and any rage that overflows generally falls harmlessly to the floor. I'm partial to face grabbing and I couldn't estimate the number of people that have heard my diverse uses of "fuck" and "shit" but apart from that I've found my rage is easy enough to control. I substituted a pillow for the TV remote, my wife's idea, and I discovered a positive use for video games in releasing the rage rather than blaming the siren call of computer generated reality for my lack of writing output.

I charge you to divulge your specific tales of rage, how you dealt with it and if your stated plan of attack was successful.
© Copyright 2006 RANTING ROSS (webber4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1165468-Rage