*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167465-the-ghost-in-the-house
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Ghost · #1167465
the ghost in the house
I was fifteen when I first saw her by the window watching as my family happily moved in to the house. I was fascinated by her snow like white skin, blue-green eyes and long black hair.

I was on the dinning room when I suddenly saw her at the kitchen looking over the empty pan. I stared at her and tried to approach her, but I decided not to. I pretended she didn’t exist.

We had an encounter when I tend to pass through the only staircase in the house. I was tempted to look at her as she pass by, but then I decided not to and pretended she didn’t exist.

One day I’ve seen her passing through the corridor and went inside my little brother’s room. I silently sneaked in and saw her smiling over my brother. She noticed me, I wanted to stare back at her but then I decided not to and pretended she didn’t exist.

Several days passed and her appearance seems to be normal for me. One rainy day, I was surprised when I didn’t see her anywhere. I searched every room in the house yet I found none of her. So I decided to look for her outside, yet then, I failed. But when I was about to get inside the house I saw her by the window staring straight at me. I wanted to tell her how worried I was when she suddenly disappeared, yet I decided not to and pretended she didn’t exist.

I was sitting on the sofa when she suddenly sat beside me reading a book. She was so close to me and I was tempted to touch her ever black hair and kiss her soft lips, yet I decided not to and pretended she didn’t exist.

I fell in love with her more and more each day. But I tried to keep my feelings deep inside because I know it can’t be.

I can’t love her; I can’t love a ghost in the house.

Yet then one day my feelings overflowed and I lost control. One night when the face of the moon was full, I decided to get inside the room she used to be. There I saw her in front of the gigantic glass window watching the full moon outside.

I approached her and decided that I must tell her no matter what. She turned her back before I could get near her. She looked at me and I stared back at her, she was so beautiful in the moon light.

I gulped and tried to speak to her, but then before a word came out of my trembling mouth, she suddenly spoke.

“Why are you here?” She asked me.

I tried to ignore her and just turn my back, pretend I didn't try to confess and that she didn't exist. But then again she spoke.

“I can see you, together with your companions, and I wanted to talk to you yet I decided not to and pretended you didn’t exist.” She uttered.


“What are you saying?!" I asked her and was a bit astonished.


“You see…” she started and smiled.

I was delighted with her angelic smile. She was more like an angel from heaven rather than a ghost.

But then she suddenly stretched out her hand and pointed the floor. I was horrified with what I’ve seen.

She was standing still on the ground, and I was the one floating.

“You’re already dead.”
© Copyright 2006 sociology (sociology at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167465-the-ghost-in-the-house