*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1168845-Death-God
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1168845
Thanks a lot for those who reviewed the story!
I awoke one day and was greatly petrified when I noticed I couldn’t see. I wondered if I was really blind. Or was I perhaps dead?

I span around and all I saw was absolute darkness. I tried to call out for help yet then I realized my voice was gone. I was alone.

I can’t see anything, not even my hands or feet.

I lay back in the bed and suddenly my childhood memories flashed back…


It was a cold autumn afternoon. I was wearing my best blue polo shirt and khaki pants. In my right hand were a dozen roses, my hair was jelled and my black shoes were newly shined.

There she is! I thought upon seeing my most beloved Sally in her uniform.

This is it! There’s no way I could turn back! I thought as I approached her.

She was stunned when she saw me and our eyes locked in a deep stare.

Maybe this is what they call love language I thought to myself while I continued to stare at her round, blue eyes. I was mesmerized by their beauty.

I was about to confess when suddenly, she spoke.

“Robert, I think your contact lenses don’t match. This one’s blue and the other is red. But if you’ll attend a costume party or such, that’ll be a pretty great idea! Good luck with your party Robert, I have to go now!” she said smiling and then walked away.

I fell on my knees. I failed. I ran to the comfort room and was startled by what’ve seen. It really looked weird, the other one’s red and the other’s blue. And I’ve over done my hair! I should have faced the mirror before I took some actions.

But I did not give up! I called her one night and I asked her if I could pay her a visit the next day. And then she approved. I was so excited.

The next day I wore my pink polo shirt, the lucky color of the day according to the newspaper. And at this time, I stopped by in front of the mirror before I left the house.

I went to the mall and bought a bouquet of white roses.

And finally, I went to her house.

I rang the doorbell and a gigantic man answered the door.

“How may I help you?” He asked with his deep voice.

“I’m here for Sally.” I told him straight.

“Come in.” He said.

I came in with confidence. I sat on the sofa and behaved myself.

Yet suddenly, the big man approached me with his killer looks and a kitchen knife on his right hand. I freaked out.

“What do you want with my daughter?” his voice echoed around the house.

He pointed the sharp knife towards my face. My knees were shaking, trembling with great fear.

“I…I… would like to give this… to …her…” I barely uttered and hand him the white roses I just bought.

“Alright then! I shall give these to her! Now leave!” He ordered.

“But… But…I need to talk to Sally… and….”

I tried to speak yet before I could finish my statement, he raised the kitchen knife on me.

I had no choice but to race for the door.

I thought I was safe. I was wrong.

In front of me were a pack of hungry Rottweilers. I ran as fast as I could and I stumbled down.

The Rottweilers were tearing up my supposed to be lucky pink polo shirt.

I was lucky that I was still alive after the attack and that I only received minor injuries.

Another memory of the past was about to recall when suddenly, in the absolute darkness I’ve seen a light! It was getting brighter and brighter and there stood a figure.

He finally arrived. The Death God, with his black cloak and long scythe.

I breathed deep and relaxed myself.

“I’m ready Death God! Come and escort me to the next world!” I shouted.

I saw his evil grin as he approached me while dragging his long cloak and holding tight his scythe.

I closed my eyes and waited for his scythe to cut off my head.

”Trick or Treat Dad?!” a young boy exclaimed.

“You scared me to death Joshua!”



“CUT! Let’s do it again. I don’t like it!” the director demanded.

© Copyright 2006 sociology (sociology at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1168845-Death-God