*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1169097-Sacrifice
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · LGBTQ+ · #1169097
Sacrificing a future for love
Sacrifice

Have you ever found that one person who just blew your mind? The one person who you would sacrifice everything for? I did. Well, I thought I had anyway. Her name was Danielle Prooks, and she was the first person I felt true around.

****

It was just after finals. My roommate, Jackie Mercer, dragged me to a local bar to drink to the end. The irony was, it wasn't even a lesbian bar, but there she was. My eyes had immediately been drawn to the group she sat among, drawn to her. She had pale ivory skin and the blackest, almost violet, hair. She was laughing, a melodic sound that carried to the door.

Jackie had followed my gaze, then shook her head with a grin. She told me not to even try, but I barely heard over the beat of my rapturous heart. She looked perfect in every way. I had always been attracted to the darker types for the depth they posses, and she fit that description to a "T." She had a black and red choker around her delicious throat as well as a small black tube top.

Slowly I sat down, though my eyes refused to pull away from her perfectly shadowy form.

Later in the evening I went to the loo. When I exited my stall, the goddess was waiting for me, deep emerald eyes trained directly at me. For a second I forgot to breathe, my heart catching in my throat.

"You've been watching me all evening," her smoky voice spoke. She smirked as she asked, "Do you like what you see?"

Embarrassed she had known of my gaze, I blushed, nodding slowly in response to her question. She stepped closer, pushing up form the sink she'd been leaning against. Her eyes drew me in, drowning me in seaweed.

"Well, that makes two of us," she whispered, running a finger across my dry lips. "Who would have guessed that by trying to avoid something it would find you anyway?" She chuckled at her comment, although I didn't understand, before briefly letting our lips press together. I froze at the kiss, and she suddenly disappeared like a shadow before light.

When I finally exited the loo, the Shadow had left. I sighed, sitting back at the bar with Jackie.

"That girl left this for you, Laurel," Jackie said, handing me a napkin with a ruby red kiss and a name and number. I couldn't believe my luck, but maybe it wasn't so lucky after all.

*****

A week later, Danielle and I were having dinner at a pizzaria near campus, where I stayed due to family problems. She had a skull charm on a black ribbon around her neck, a low cut blood-red top, and a black leather mini over black fishnets. I dressed a little more casually with my short hair pulled back and a black Harley tee with blue jeans.

"Do you want to see something special tonight?" she asked, leaning towards me, her pert breasts pushing up slightly.

"Uh-huh," I nodded, wondering what she may have planned.

I didn't have to wonder too long because as soon as we climbed into her candy red Jaguar, she handed me a silk scarf and told me to blindfold myself. I complied without questions. Maybe it would have been different if I hadn't been so distracted by her dark beauty and had questioned her motives.

Anyway, she started the car as soon as my eyes were covered and we didn't stop for about an hour.

"Do you trust me?" Danielle asked when she stopped, leaning against me slightly. For a moment I couldn't answer, but finally I nodded. Without removing the blindfold she led me into a building. When she removed the blindfold at last I had left reality and entered into a realm of shadows.

****

It was that night I lost my virginity. I was hooked to the darkness and the goddess of blood I had professed to love. You see, she truly was made from shadows. She was a vampira, and that night, when she took my virginity, she took my mortality.

I told you I had found someone I'd sacrifice anything for. I loved her. Even after a week I knew it. Hell, I knew the moment I stepped in that bar and couldn't take my eyes off her.

That was all well over a thousand years ago. I have been loved everyday in every imaginable way. I have fed off millions of women, but I have turned none. I would not wish that pain on anyone but one I knew I could love for eternity.

As I finish penning this memoir of finding my love and salvation I look over to the bed Danielle and I share. The sun has just set and Danielle has awoken. Her emerald gaze catches my silver one with a familiar hunger in evidence. I smile in anticipation of the limitless love ahead of me as I lay down my pages of forgotten words.

~*~END~*~
© Copyright 2006 QueerlyAsexual (midnight_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1169097-Sacrifice