*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171615-Mr-Yippish-is-On-Time
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1171615
Mr. Yippish is being boring...DO something, Mr. Yippish!
"A-ha!" said Mr. Yippish, into the cold, " I am on time!"

He straightened his body, proud of himself, and forgot all that had come and all that was on the horizon.

"Time must not enjoy all of us being upon it," he chewed his lip, "I know I shouldn't enjoy if so many were upon me. Just think of all the ones who are on Time! What if Time should bore of the burden and shirk us all off?"

Mr. Yippish chuckled loudly, and reached into his pocket. His fingers fumbled past a forgotten cloth, and found, finally, his little satchel of tobacco.

"At least I am always late," he said, pulling his packet from out his pocket, "I am upon no-one."

He shivered against the cold, and felt very good about himself.

"I have deprived my friends too long of my company, " he thought to himself, "It is a good thing that I have come this far."

And his shaky hand pressed upon the door-bell.
© Copyright 2006 OzzySureAs (ozzysureas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171615-Mr-Yippish-is-On-Time