*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1172237-Dependence-and-Desperation
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Psychology · #1172237
Two must be sacrificed for one's escape. Work in progress.
I've finally done it. I have them, bound in the next room. I may finally escape. It's so sad that it's come to this. Kidnapping an innocent couple in the name of my escape, but it must be done.

Jesus...how long have I been held here. A year and a half ago I move into this condo and bizarre things start happening. I swear that something is there. I swear I feel eyes. Not in that that normal kind of way like when you look in your mirror in your bathroom and you wonder if maybe there is a camera behind it, acually something, someone in there watching me. But there is nothing. And then one day I get home and...dinner is made for me. And it must have been made recently because the food was still hot and even the ice in my drink hadn't melted yet. So I fucking panic...

One of them is awake. I hear the chair moving. I move close to the door to listen for whatever I can. I hear the female trying to force her way out of the rope and tape. I open the door and walk in. Perfect...the male is waking up too. Her eyes are locked onto me, his eyes are still opening.

"You're going to have to stay quiet...we don't have much time." I tell them. "No telling when 'she' will come back."

She looks at me and makes a small noise, letting me know she want's to talk. I look at her and then over to the male and I untie the cloth in their mouths. She asks me what I'm talking about and who is coming. I don't have to time to explain it all to them though.

I looked out the window and stared at the stars for a moment.

"You're going to rescue me." I tell them.

After that night that dinner was pre-pared for me, I went out and bought a gun. I'm surprised I hadn't bought one already. I work in surveillance and when you learn the kind of things that I do about surveillance equipment, you can start to get a little parinoid. You see how small the camera's can get, how easy they are to hide, and you start to hear stories of all these people who were using this shit against others, sometimes against total strangers. All the information you get in this industury can be a bit over-whelming. I'd walk into my condo and begin to think "if I were going to spy on me, where would I hide a micro-camera". I often thought about purchasing a fire-arm, just incase.

"What do we have to do?" the female asked me. "I mean...how do we 'rescue you'?"

I looked down at my fingernails tapping together. "I don't know..." she gazed blankly at me. "Figure it out when you get down there."

" What does this have to do with us?" The maled sputtered.
"Nothing I suppose." I responded. "But now that you're even in this place, it's your fight now too." They both just continued to ask a string of questions that I simply didn't have time to answer.


Ignoring their blather, I went and grabbed a couple of knives that I bought a few nights ago. I couldn't just send them down there with protection...God only know's what they will find down there. As I snatched them off the table I took another look out the window next to the balcony. No stars. I'm running out of time.

Hurrying back into the room, I stuffed a knive in each of their pockets. They started to protest.

" When you get down there, try to act fast." I moved behind the females chair. "While she is up here fucking with my world, you can be down there...fucking with hers."

She started to jerk the chair around as I grabbed the back of it. "Now should I throw you guy's out the window or the balcony?" She made more noise. Now even the fucking male was making noise. "Ahh, fuck it, I don't have time to drag you to the balcony"

I dragged them both near the window in that room and started to push the male out the window. He mearly screamed as I rammed him out the window. Now the girl. She was in position when I starless night reminded me of something.

" Fuck...how could I forget!" I yelled.
"Forget what?!" she yelled franticly. I grabbed up a zippo a lighter and a small pack of matches and stumbuled getting them into her jacket pocket.

" Just incase it's black down there as well"
" What!?" She scream as I trollied her chair towards the window. Right before she decended I heard her say "Dear God! The star's are...the sky is gone"

So now it's done. The wheels are set in motion. I hope they pull through. After that night, I didn't know what to make out of the situation. Someone was spying on me, watching me...just to make me dinner? I was a bit paranoid but even that didn't add up to me. I returned home and peaked in the door and looked over at the meal. As my foot inched through the entrance, the door slammed shut. I remember screaming something like "Holy Jesus, what the fuck!?" I unloaded an entire clip into the wall and no on was there. My spine shuttered and after a brief moment of freaking out about the door shutting my mind quickly began to think about the attention that the blaring noise of gun fire was bringing to my condo and it's inhabitent. It was indoors and I did have neighbors. I was scared, but I did not flee. I didn't even look at where I shoot, I just sat there. After an hour I realized, no one was coming. I took a look over at the wall. From the hole was a thick black, liquid like shit leaking it's way out all over my floor. One tap with the tip of my finger. It felt like thick paint but it didn't stick to me. I put my whole palm into it. Before I could pull out, it grabbed me. It fucking grabbed me and I lost it.

- More to come.
© Copyright 2006 Buffalo Bill TMJ (buffalobilltmj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1172237-Dependence-and-Desperation