*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181707-Insomniac-Nation
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Psychology · #1181707
What would you do to find rest?


Almost 2 year's in this fucking nightmare. I can't remember a time when there weren't Syphon's, Lishers, R.O.U.S.'s and other such assorted creatures roaming around the streets. A time when there wasn't a hole growing in the wall of my condo. A time when the clock on my wall didn't become an eye and stare at me at all hours of the day. A time when I wasn't a killer. Of course at this point, who really is to say what I've been doing. Maybe it's all a hallucination. God only know's. As much as I'm sure it's a possiblity that an ordinary existance...well...existed, I can't find any evidence of it. Maybe I'm just in to deep.

See...I havn't slept in about 2 years. After about a week you begin to hallucinate. After a week without sleep or dreams, the dream cycle just go's on ahead and starts up without sleep, as it did with me. But as hard as I tried, I couldn't sleep. For awhile, I couldn't take the weird shit I was seeing. I lost it. I missed work for a good 3 months. I was terminated of course but after 3 months, you just kinda come to terms with the shit you're seeing. Now I just live with it.

Now I have a new job at some shit office building. I'm part of the cyber securities team. I make sure that no employees are doing illegal or otherwise not in compliance with the the guidlines for internet use while they should be doing...well I'm not quite sure what they do here...In this day and age, secretaries are more or less an extinct species. Computers can do anything a secertary can so no more secretaries...witch mean's no more post-work fucking for th big shoot whoever who wanted to forget about his decaying marraige at home. But computers have them covered in that area too. This is my real job. Making sure that no one is jerking off to porn on the computer on company hours. None of this is especially relievent, but that's where I'm at today.

-More to come.
© Copyright 2006 Buffalo Bill TMJ (buffalobilltmj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181707-Insomniac-Nation