*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1173280-Like-Candy-Sweet
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Death · #1173280
moment of reflection on the lost
I wanted to think about you today. I wanted to find a quiet corner and sit. I wanted to pull the memories of you from the back of my mind and savor them, roll them around slowly like sweet candy over my tongue.

There was no antidote for the toxin that coursed through my bloodstream in that time when I bled for you. I rummaged through my emotional arsenal looking for the weapon that would help me survive in your war a bit longer. Love of my life? I choke on the irony like sour vomit in my throat. Is the ground warm tonight? Does it embrace you like I did? Does it listen to your lies and make love to you with a serpentine tongue?

I wanted to think about you today. I wanted to be alone with my pain and my rage. I wanted to rumminate over the lines of your face and punish myself for getting so lost in your hazel pools.








© Copyright 2006 MD Maurice (maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1173280-Like-Candy-Sweet