*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1175727-Honesty-is-overrated-Part-2
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1175727
Lying,cheating,blackmailing, and love? More will happen on this boat than anyone imagined
The wealthy man has yet to stop yelling. His wife is shuttering every time he speaks.

“This boat is like a freaking maze!” The man screams as his wife touches his arm.

“Honey, all we need to do is ask someone to help us. I’m sure someone is qualified to do that,” his wife says trying to calm him down.

Just at that same moment, the woman who had previously been talking to the military man strolls into the couples view. She is whistling softly to herself as she walks near the couple.

“Can anyone help us find our cabin,” the wealthy wife yells politely as she waves her hand.

The whistling woman looks at the couple especially the man who is now looking at her. She stops her whistling and a smirk appears on her face. As she strides towards them gracefully, she never takes her eyes off of the man.

“Hi! I’m Andy. I don’t work on this boat, but my father is a chef on here and I know my way around this boat better than just about anyone,” she introduces herself and shakes the woman’s hand and just looks at the man.

The man gulps and says, “Thanks, we need some extra help. Our butler is sick. It turns out he has an ulcer and can’t take a little harsh criticism.”

His wife smiles as she looks up towards the man, “Yes, he is going to be on his back for a few days. If you wouldn’t mind, we would sure appreciate your help.”

“I think that would be great. I mean what else can I do on this boat; flirt with hot guys?” Andy jokes as she smiles at the couple.

“Well, we need to find our cabin,” the man says obviously not finding the joke funny.

“Ok, um can I see your ticket,” she says as she nears the man.

“Yah,” he says almost shoving the ticket into her.

“Thanks,” she pauses a bit as she stares at the man, “This way.”

She leads the couple through the entanglement of hallways. Although Andy lied to the couple about her father, she does know her way around the boat. Her previous lover, the architect of the boat, showed her the blueprint of the boat before they even started building it. Even after it was built, the man took her on the boat many times. They would watch the stars at night and the sun shining on the beautiful water in the morning.

“Here we are,” Andy shouts to the couple who are a few yards back as she points to a door.

“Thank you very much Ms. Andy,” the man’s wife says gratefully, “Oh, and pardon us for being so rude. My name is Anne Lensly and this is Mark.”

“Nice to meet both of you. I hope you enjoy the remainder of the trip and please call me whenever you need assistance. Here’s my number,” Andy says as she reaches into her pocket and pulls out a pen and paper.

She proceeds on writing her name and number. When she finishes, she carefully hands the paper to Anne.

“Thanks again for all your help and we’ll make sure to call you if we need assistance. If you don’t mind, I think I’m going to explore our room for a bit. I’ll see you later, Andy,” Anna says as she enters the room.

Mark stands still almost not knowing what to do. He looks at Andy intently and then enters the room after his wife.

Andy smiles at the door and gives a big sigh. She turns her body to the left and walks toward the end of the hallway. When she reaches the second to last door, she’s hit by a man running past her. The man trips over his feet and lands straight on to his face.

© Copyright 2006 Justawriter (justawriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1175727-Honesty-is-overrated-Part-2