*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1176154-Ms-Fairfax-Pines-for-Justice
Rated: · Other · Other · #1176154
Ms. Fairfax, you have never agreed to marry me....very well, I shall into grief go!
Ms. Fairfax, upon her very last straw, announced to Everyone:

"Today I shall start from scratch!"

Ms. Fairfax tossed her hair, happy with her announcement, ran her fingers over the silk of her blouse, and allowed a smirk of confidence to crease her fine cheeks.

"Yes," she said, "I shall definitely start everything from scratch. I shall create for myself a just world, a finite world, a world in which I can frolic, and chase my fancies, and tease the undercud just for laughs without reproach!"

A look of mild unconcern crossed her face, and her countenance began to pan about, her eyes scanning the infinitudes of tiny space, and she started, quickly.

"But scratch!" she said loudly, "Wherever shall I find scratch! It is from there that I must begin....so certainly I must find it! But where will I find such a scratchable thing existing, all itches and fogs?"

Ms. Fairfax was moving without thinking, her arms deftly sliding into coat's sleeves, her little toes pushing into shoes, and her entire body, before she knew it, perched in the window-pane, regarding the rusty fire-escape.

"Is this where the fire escapes?" She wondered, "When those men come with the water-trails to put Her away?! I shall make like Fire!"

With a flourish, and a knocking, Ms. Fairfax was out into her fire-escape, and unbeknownst to her, her doorbell was ringing.
© Copyright 2006 OzzySureAs (ozzysureas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1176154-Ms-Fairfax-Pines-for-Justice