*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1178895-The-most-effective-Hypertension-Diet
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1178895
A nutritious Hypertension diet can help you live a healthier life.
A third of the American population is estimated to have high blood pressure, but only a third of these have actually been diagnosed with the disease. The reason is that Hypertension usually poses no symptoms or discomfort. This is why it is recommended to have at least one medical exam every year, involving tests for Hypertension, cholesterol and other possible issues found by testing the blood.

Lifestyle changes and in some cases medication is suggested in order to avoid future issues with unmanaged blood pressure. The main pillar of the lifestyle change requires a considerable shift on nutritional habits; this is to ensure that the aliments we eat are not contributing to disrupt the balance of our body’s ability to control our blood pressure levels. Changing the nutritional habits alone is often very effective in the prevention and management of Hypertension.

A vegetarian nutrition is that one which excludes meats and contains a balanced high-protein and fibre intake, therefore reducing the amount of animal fat, saturated fat and other toxins found in animals. Meats have often been linked to contributing to many chronic diseases such as Type II Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Hypertension and Cancer.

Evidently, no one has to become a vegetarian in order to manage Hypertension. However, people often shy away from this because they fail to see themselves excluding meats from their diets. Many of them believe that vegetarian nutrition is low in protein, iron and zinc and therefore proper nutrition cannot be achieved eating only fruits and vegetables. Fortunately, that is the wrong assessment; vegetarian diets have a full variety of nutrients, found in grains, legumes, fruits and others. Meat is not necessary for a proper nutrition; meat is in fact the responsible for many cases of Heart Disease and mortality associated with it. In contrast, studies have shown that vegetarians have a lower blood pressure than non-vegetarians, particularly around 5 – 10 mm Hg on both systolic and diastolic pressures, and with no intent to manage blood pressure levels. Once a careful diet to prevent or manage Hypertension is selected, the drop in BP levels are significantly higher.

Having a vegetarian hypertension diet with the proper balance of fibres, protein, fats and cholesterol can be the difference between a healthy life and heart disease, not to mention all the other negative factors.

The bottom line is that people who become vegetarian often find themselves with a delicious variety of healthy foods that they didn’t even know about. Furthermore, they feel great physically and psychologically because they know they are contributing positively to their own health. It’s like gaining points every time they eat, each point representing another healthy day in life. Don’t shy away from the vegetarian lifestyle, even becoming a part-time vegetarian by reducing the intakes of meats and balancing the diet can improve the overall health.

For more information about Vegetarian Disease Prevention, please visit http://www.vegetarian-hub.com/alternative-medicine.html

Share your experience and thoughts at the http://www.vegetarianhub.net forums.
© Copyright 2006 udelojf (udelojf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1178895-The-most-effective-Hypertension-Diet