*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179159-Shannon-and-the-FireHouse-Dog
Rated: E · Short Story · Career · #1179159
Shannon A Fire Fighter Risks Her Life To Save A Dog....
On A quite oct. night the Fire Department had A call come in for a burning building on St. K Road they didn't know what to expect... Shannon was thinking to her self "Is this a real working fire or just a false alarm? Is there anyone in the building?" As they pulled up the grey black smoke filled the street. Shannon knew this was a working fire and they get closer and closer the smoke got heavy red yellow and orange flames started showing. They all get out of the truck and Get there Ladders And Hoses Ready Shannon Finds Out There Might Be Someone Inside As She Runs In She Yells "Fire Department Is Anyone In Here Fire Department" She Yells That Over And Over Again Walking Through The House Going Into Every Room There Is. She Gets To A Closed Bed Room Door She Feels The Door To See If Its Hot Then Goes In. She Hears A Cry But Not A Cry As A Person Would Make She Upends The Door and Finds A Dog Trapped In The Room She Says Over The Radio "I Found A Dog But I Don't See Anything Else" She Tried To Get The Dog But His Leg Is Stuck Under Some Wood That Had Fallen, She Lifts Up The Wood And Takes The Dog In her Arms They Got Out Of The Room But Already The Fire Is Getting Close To Where She Is As She Tried To get Out Of The House Flames Got Higher And Higher She Makes It Out The Door With the Dog In her Hands She Goes To The Capt. And Says "I Think He'll Be Alright Maybe A Broken Bone.. I Found Him Stuck Under Some Wood" The Medics Take The Dog Checks Out Shannon And Says "I Don't Know What We Can Do About The Dog But Your Fine" Shannon Asks the Medic If They Can Take It To The Vet. And Get him Checked Out... They Get the Fire Put Out And Head Back To The Station. When Shannon Gets Back She Cleans Up And Calls The Vet To See How The Dog Is. They Tell Her That She Had A Broken Leg And That It Should Be Healed In A Few Weeks... Shannon Says "Thanks" And Hangs Up... Later That Week They Had A Banquet For The Firefighters And Shannon Was Awarded With A Metal For Going Into A Burning Building And Saving A Dog. Shannon Thought About The Dog And Wanted To Know How He Was. After The Awards We Given Out And It Was All Over She Went To The Vet. To See Him... He Was Better And Was Up For Adoption.. Shannon Thought About It (Whets A Fire House With Out A Dog?) Evan Though This Dog Was No Dalmatian It Was A Good Dog... She Bough Him And Brought Him To The Station To Surprise The Crew Everyone Was Glad To Have Him... He Goes On Every Call He Stays At The Fire House With The Over Night Crew He Is Just Like One Of The Crew... Or As We Call It The Family..
© Copyright 2006 shannon (firefighter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179159-Shannon-and-the-FireHouse-Dog