*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179431-Gone-in-a-series
by S.F.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1179431
Luna did not know what to do but really did she have a choice?
Luna stared blankly ahead as her music blared through her headphones, Marilyn Manson's 'Long hard road out of hell' was heard in the small car. Luna's three year old brother was screaming, from being cooped up in the car for so long, her mother trying to shush him before her father exploded on him again. Luna was seventeen, going on eighteen. She loved Marilyn Manson and Coheed and cambered and had been to so many concerts she fails to remember all of them, (it might have been all the alcohol there). She smirked at the memories and continued to look out the window.
Ever since her brother, Zac, was born the family camping trip had been canceled. Luna's parents owned a nice, rather large cabin in the woods they had bought for the trip but Luna's mother had been concerned about Zac and the woods. Her father always said, "He'll grow up to be a sissy if he doesn't learn to fend for himself" Luna knew with her father around no one could be a "sissy". If they were they'd end up beaten, even three year old Zac. Sadly Luna knew that she lived in a broken home even if her parents tried to make it work it always ended up in a fight or argument. Luna had a plan a plan that would make Zac's life much better no more crying and bruises for him she'd have to protect him from her father no matter what, she would not let him grow up in a broken home.
Luna removed her headphones and came crashing back to reality, she sighed and started to keep Zac occupied so that he would stop crying. He smiled and started to giggle and laugh, even though he is stuck in a broken home his innocence never falters. The car was pulled to a stop and Luna carried Zac inside before her mother or father had time to disapprove. She got inside, everything was layered in dust and the wooden floors held a dull shine, but it was only the beginning of the summer, three month till it ended and that was a lot of time for everything to change.
With Zac in her arms she entered her old room everything was how she had left it, except for everything was covered in dust. Old posters of Marilyn Manson, Ozzy Osborne, The crow, and Cradle of filth, books littered the bookshelf and horror movies in VHS form lay forgotten around the VCR and TV. Only one thing seemed out of place, a simple black rose was laying on the bed perfect crisp and alive, untouched by dust. It seemed almost unreal.
Setting Zac down Luna walked over to the bed to inspect the black rose. She picked it up, cautious of the sharp thorns, and inspected it with caution and interest. Zac had started to gnaw on his shoe laces was they slowly unraveled. Luna pulled her self to look at Zac and instantly dropped the roes back onto the bed and rushed over to Zac and lightly scolded him, and told him not to chew on his laces. 'The rose was perfect it was so full of color and life, how could it be no one has been here for three years?' Luna thought as she carried Zac back to the car to gather their stuff, Zac was staying in her room, 'No ands, ifs or buts' Luna thought as she took their suitcases.
It was close to seven when everything in Luna's room was neat and clean she had dusted and set up a crib for Zac. New posters covered the walls mixed with the old ones. New movies lay next to the VCR and the alien rose ended up in a small vase filled with water. Dinner would be ready soon and Zac's stuff still had yet to be put away. His clothes and toys littered the floor; Zac himself had settled himself on the floor, his hands around Stuffy, his stuffed bear. Luna knew that something was out of place in the surrounding woods something had changed, but she failed to put her finger on it yet.
Dinner was ready and Luna's room was spotless all of Zac's thing were away in drawers and she had gently awaken Zac, he had wined at first but then again he was always irritable when he woke up. Luna had carried Zac downstairs to dinner where her father was nowhere to be seen, but in Luna's mind it was the best thing you could wish for. Securing Zac into the high chair Luna took a seat next to him. Filling his plate she gave him a plastic spoon and fork to eat with and went on to her own plate. After dinner, Luna's father appeared from the woods, by now everyone was tired and was ready to hit the hay. Taking Zac, she prepared him for bed he was tired his head had lulled to the side in an attempt to sleep. Luna gently set him into the crib, covered him with a blanket, and kissed him on the forehead, then got ready for herself. With one last look at the almost forgotten rose Luna feel into a very strange dream.
A round table surrounded by black and crimson roses sat there, two old ice-cream parlor chairs were left bare and white, un-belonging. Luna stepped forward and inspected one of the chairs, "Take a seat my dear Luna, we have much to speak about." Luna turned and...
Luna was jolted awake by Zac's crying, she quickly bolted up to hush him before her father heard him. "Shush it's OK Zacky nothing will hurt you." She managed to calm him.
His eyes still watery he turned to him and said, "Rose man" And started to fall back asleep. Luna's eyes winded as she looked over to the small vase there sat the black rose and a new Crimson red rose as perfect as the first black one. Luna shifted Zac uncomfortably to her hip and sat on the floor in disbelief, then it hit her who ever was putting the roses her had gotten in the house. She started to second guess her and Zac's safety in the large summer cabin, as she drifted off into an nerve-racking sleep.
The morning sun shone dimly on the horizon as Luna woke up with Zac still in her arms. Zac's head fell to one side and Luna rose from her seated position, setting him on the bed she started he morning routine. After she returned to Zac, he had woken up and wanted attention. She carried him down stairs to be faced with her father, sitting at the dining room table. "Luna where did you get the roses?" He asked almost in a threatening way.
Luna gulped as she remembered what happened when he found out about her first and last boyfriend. She ended up being beaten horrible. "eh, the roses came the woods I found them." Luna said calmly as set Zac in his high chair. As though on que she spun around coming face to her father.
"YOU LIE!" he yelled as he backhanded her in the face.
She hit the hard, wooden floor with a dull thud, "PERRA" she hissed through her teeth as she held her sore cheek.
"WHAT Did You Call Me? Tell Me The Truth, Where Did They Come From!?" He yelled again, Luna looked at Zac he had moved, trying to get away from the noise.
With a sudden burst of energy Luna pushed herself up and yelled back, "I CALLED YOU A BITCH THE ROSES ARE FROM THE WOODS AND ZAC AND I DONT HAVE TO TAKE THIS SHIT!" She turned to comfort Zac, he had started to cry from all the yelling. In the door way Stood Luna's mother.
"Berry please just...just leave them alone, please." Luna's mother said in a hesitant voice. He turned to her, Anger fuel his mind as he hit her too, she stumbled backwards but managed to keep her balance. Luna watched in amazement, she had picked up Zac and ran past her Father.
"And where do you think your going?" He asked, she stopped at the back door.
"Just as I said, WE DONT HAVE TO TAKE YOUR SHIT ANYMORE!" She opened the door and ran slamming it on her way out, Zac resting on her hip. She ran for some time she ended up on the other side of the lake. Early morning mist filled the air, moisture covered the ground. Zac kept squirming, and letting out small cries of protest as Luna slowed her pace. "What is it Zacy?" Luna asked in a soft voice. She looked up, and gasped a few yard away was an old one story cabin. Luna walked towards the old cabin, and up to the door, the door was hanging by its rusted hinges. Luna quickly looked around, she felt as though she was being watched. She pushed open the door surprised it didn't tip over, she cautiously stepped in to the dank, dusty cabin. "Zacy I guess this is home for now."
"Why would you want to live here child?" A voice asked from the doorway. Luna spun around quickly to only see a silhouette of a tall man. "How about you, your sibling, and I go for a ride?"
Luna looked harder trying to get a look at this strange man, "And if I decline?" she asked.
"Then I'll do the worst thing possible; take you back to your parents, Luna." Luna gasped.
"H-how do you know my-my name?" Luna stuttered hugging Zac tighter and closer to her hip
"And little Zacy, hey Ace how are you today?" The man asked stepping forward, giving Zac and Luna a good look at him. He had straight, chin length black hair; he wore a simple gray dress shirt with a crimson red tie, and Black dress pants. His deep green eyes were clouded in shadow. "Well then my dear children shall we go now, this place is not somewhere children should be. If you and Ace Come with me I will house you at my estate, my dear Luna will you trust me?" He put out his hand, "Take my hand if you do."
Luna stared at this mans eyes trying to read him, but he held his poker face. There's something not right about him Luna's mind shouted at her but she knew that it would be best for Zac. Luna placed her free hand on his, he smirked, "I am Alucard but you will often hear me addressed as Sir Card." He said as he led them out the door, and walked a little ways to the road where an onyx black limo stood, parked on the side of the road. Luna stared at it in amazement, "Well are you going to stare at it all day or get in?" Alucard's voice broke her train of thoughts and she nodded.
She reached out for the handle, "Pardon me Miss but, let me get that." Luna looked up, unconsciously pulling Zac closer to her, there stood a smaller man about five foot five, with gray, short, spiky hair, in a black and white suit. Nodding again she backed away a little, and he shut the door. He looked a Luna again, "May I take young master, as you get in Madam?" He asked politely. Luna looked at Alucard, who wore a small smile, he shrugged and gently pushed he forward. Handing Zac to the driver she climbed into the limo, handing Zac back to her, he helped Alucard into the limo. He closed the door and went to drive.
A small buzz emitted from a speaker and them the older man's voice filled the back of the limo, "Sir Card where to?"
Alucard smiled a toothy smile; "To the Estate Jordan" The speaker crackled and went dead. Grinning Alucard looked at Luna and Zac, "So tell me about your self." He said as he tilted his to the side, and leaned forward, in meek interest.
Luna leaned farther back into the seat pulling Zac with her, "Why, don't you think you already know enough? Tell me how do you know our names?" Luna said in a calm, harsh voice, while keeping Zac occupied by bouncing him on her knee.
"Fine my dear child, you will get your answers soon enough." He answered in a harsher tone, and turned to the window.
Luna made a small noise of protest but looked out the window.
Alucard looked back to Luna, "We'll be there soon, in a few minuets tops." He said. Luna nodded and started to play with Zac. The car shortly came to a stop and then continued up a long drive way and into a semi circle parking spot. Alucard Quickly pushed open the Limo door, Startling Jordan and forcing him to backtrack a bit.
Jordan offered his hand to Luna and helped her and Zac out of the limo, as Alucard stalked his way up to the Large maple wood doors. He flung them open and a huge bang emitted, causing both Zac and Luna to jump a little. Zac started to wail and cry. Luna tried to calm him but it wasn't working. Alucard turned on his heel and quickly walked back to Luna. Without permission he grabbed Zac, Zac stopped and looked at Him with big doe brown eyes. Sighing Alucard started to walk back to the house with Zac on his hip. Luna jogged to keep up with his long paces.
The house was huge and well furnished, paintings hung on every wall as they walked down the long hallway. The house had more of a medieval feel to it and had a color scheme of blacks, grays, reds, and deeper richer colors. Alucard smiled as a young, beautiful, women approached him, "Sir Card, do you need anything?" she asked in a soft voice.
"Yes, Miranda, Please take Zac here," He motioned to the Toddler on his hip, "and please change him if you would and then feed him please. We'll be out in the garden, send someone with tea, if you could be ever so kind." He said, and handed Zac to her; she nodded and headed off to the right. Looking back to Luna he smiled, "Then shall we go to the garden me lady?" He asked in a soft hearted voice, sticking out his hand. Luna nodded and took his hand and let his gently guide her through rooms and into a nice looking kitchen. Looking to her with a grin, Alucard, slid open the glass door and threw his arms out and yelled, "This is my garden!"
Luna let out a small gasp, the garden, the garden this is the one from my dream, but how? She thought in a frantic panic, suddenly she found a hand on her shoulder in shock she jumped and looked over to Alucard. He smiled a small reassuring smile and stepped over to a chair, pulled it out and gestured for her to sit down.
In a daze she forced herself into the chair, he pushed it in and placed himself in to the chair opposite of her, "well, shall we begin?" Alucard asked in a clam voice.
"Sir, yours and the Miss' tea" Said a soft voice. Luna looked up, a young girl stood there holding a silver platter with a tea kettle and two cups. A white, lace fringed cloth was placed on the table and the kettle was set down on it, two light blue doilies where placed in front of Luna and Alucard, their cups placed on them.
A small sharp cry escaped Luna's lips as she sipped her tea. The young girl and Alucard, startled by her cry, stopped their small conversation and looked at her, "Dear, I'm sorry are you all right?" The young girl asked, "I should have told her it was hot I..." The Girl mumbled off to herself.
"I- It's OK, really, I was just surprised." Luna smiled solemnly, as a dull throbbing started in her mouth.
"Yes, Emma please your excused, go see and help Miranda change Young Zac." Alucard said addressing the young girl.
She offered a small curtsy, "Yes Sir Card." She left. Luna stared at where she had been standing. Her sight blurred and the cup slipped from her fingers, and shattered on the shaded ground.
"Wha-" Luna tried to form a question, As she swayed from side to side trying to stay on her seat. She rapidly blinked trying to clear her eyes.
"I'm sorry my sweet but your not the one I want, I need a pure soul not a tainted one. But for now, well for you anyway, it's nap time." Alucard said knocking his cup off the table. He gave a sickening smirk and tilted his head as Luna slid off her seat and landed on the ground, next to her broken tea cup.
"Emma, please clean up this mess, take Miss Luna to the cellar along with young Zac." Alucard said as he dumped his tea onto the flowers that accompanied the small table.
Luna moaned and slowly opened her eyes; memories flooded her head as she started screaming. "Hmm I really didn't know you had such a voice but hey I guess it runs in the family."
"Why In Gods name are you doing this?!" Luna's screamed struggling against her bonds. Alucard offered a sadistic smirk.
"Because, I need a successor and your little brother is perfect, he's still impressible and I can teach him everything he's still a pure soul." Alucard smiled at the thought.
"But- but What?" Luna asked flustered, nothing made sense to her.
"I need an untainted soul to be the successor of hell well hell's first and head angel. Your petite mind could never comprehend the meaning of all this but be assured your not going to die but my hand." Alucard paused, then waved, "It was pleasant meeting you Luna, and I thank you for your contribution but this is Goodbye."
"What, no." Luna's small defense was ignored and her vision darkened as she fell into a deep sleep.

~ ~ ~

Luna quickly opened her eyes only to be momentarily blinded but white. Her eyes adjusted only to be hit with the familiar site of a hospital, the smell of antiseptics and death filled her nostrils.
Luna panicked and started to thrash, memories of Alucard and Zac were burned into her mind. A nurse and a doctor ran in and soon enough another nurse ran in with a needle filled with a sedatives. Luna's last though before falling to the sedatives was, Alucard is Dracula, Dracula is Hell's first and head angel, Luna passed out.
© Copyright 2006 S.F. (natural_freak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179431-Gone-in-a-series