*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180627-Sealed-with-a-kiss-of-dynamite
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by S.F.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #1180627
Lies, and a false past has led to all of this
Staring at the patterns the rain made on the car window, I sat there in the back with my Little sister Lily. Who is seve- eight; I reminded myself. She hates being so young, but the people in front love her for that and many other reasons. She's smart, a great talker, and is perfect in the social eye. She never says words like, "motherfucker" or "Fucktard" and she loves bright colors and shopping, just like my mother. Basically she's everything I'm not; she's perfection packed into a four foot nine inch child.
Me on the other hand, I'm a daddy's girl, my parents are divorced. I ended up living with my mother, Lily and my step something or other, Ken; I make fun of his name because it's the same as the Barbie.
I laugh at the thought, earning glares from everyone in the car; I faked a cough and turned back to the window. Not before turning up my music to drown out the horrid country that played out of the radio. Marilyn Manson's "golden age of grotesque" played out of my headphones.
Smirking I went back to my thoughts; my father Jason, plays in a local rock band. He lets me go to all of his shows, and sometimes gives me alcohol. I love my real father so much, Ken could never match up. My mother and I never really got along; she just never seems to get me. Ever since Lily was born though, she just kinda gave up on me and started out with Lily at a young age; this let me go and stay with my Dad more often. But then she pulls this out of her ass, a "family" trip out to the lake house, fun fun, note the heavy sarcasm. My Dad's band is more of a family to me then, these three are.
I zoned back into reality as the car slowed, we where nearing the lake house. My fate is sealed with a kiss of dynamite, I snickered at the thought. The lake house was huge; the outside was a pale blue and had white shutters that hid the windows from the offending rain. I hadn't been here since I was three, and now I'll be turning 17 in three months.
I opened the car door, shoving my Ipod into my pocket and slammed my door shut again. It was still raining but I didn't really pay much mind to it; I waited for my mother to pop the trunk so I could grab my luggage and scout the house for a room that I liked. After hulling my two suitcases and duffel bag up to the deck I waited at the door for Ken to come with the keys and unlock the fucker. He walked up and offered me a smile, "Hey sweetie, how are you feelin'?" He asked me.
I sneered, "Ken, just open the door." I said with venom in my voice, he nodded, and unlocked the door with a dull, muffled, click. I quickly grabbed my stuff and ran into the house. Slipping off my shoes I ran up the stairs, dragging my suitcases behind me, and started to tear through the rooms at high speed.
This ones mine, I thought as I slipped into a medium sized room that was at the end of the hallway. The inside was a crimson red with a small window hidden behind the headboard of the bed. This must have been my Dads room, when I was younger and we used to come here, and before they got divorced. I glanced around; a picture on the cherry wood desk caught my eye. It must have been taken a long time ago because; my Dad looked about 18 or 19 in it, next to him stood a pale boy my age with dark brown hair that went past his shoulders, his eye color looks like a dull grey blue. I know all of my dad's friends, and I've never seen this boy before, they must have drifted apart after high school. To get a closer look at the picture I grabbed the frame and picked it off of the desk but the glass slipped out and fell to the hard maple floor and shattered into glittering shards; while the picture safely floated down.
I set the frame down gently onto the desk, to prevent farther damage, and squatted down. Pushing the picture out of the way I carefully started to pick up the larger pieces of glass, and dumped them into the trash can besides the desk. Grabbing the picture, I stood and started to take a closer look at it.
The boy was paler then I once thought the dust on the glass must have dulled the whole picture. He now looked like he was made out of the finest and purest marble. His skin seemed flawless, and his eyes that where once a dull grey blue where now a brilliant and deep, green. His hair was a deep, chocolate brown and went down past his shoulders. It felt like I had seen him before, like he had played a big part in my life, but I couldn't remember. I sighed and numbly ran my fingers over the photograph, more so over the marble stranger, trying to think of why he seemed so familiar. Slowly I forced myself to slide the photo back onto the desk. Throwing myself onto the bed, I groaned, something cold and hard hit my cheek. I blindly felt around for the cold object, soon enough I found it.
A heart shaped locket, with a blood red ruby on the center. Turning it over a few times in my hand I decided to open it, in hopes of finding a picture, but only found a message engraved in the golden metal, it read;

To my love, Ayden
A. J. J.

I almost dropped the golden piece of jewelry, when I found out that my name was in the engraving. Could this possibly be my locket? My mind screamed at me, I couldn't remember having this and I didn't recognize the initials, 'A.J.J'. My head shot up as someone lightly, sarcasm, pounded on my door. "AYDEN?!"
"Yes mother?" I yelled back, trying to keep my attitude in check.
"Ken, Lily, and I are going to drive into town and get some groceries; we'll probably stop by a local pizza place and bring it home. Would you like to come?" she asked in a sickly sweet, voice that sounded like it was about 2 octaves higher then her normal voice.
I weighed the options, if I went with them I'd be stuck in the car with them but I'd also be able to get food I'd eat, not some 10 calorie crap; but if I stay here I can unpack, scout out the house and have a few Cigs. Rushing to the desk, I scribbled a list onto a spare piece of paper.
"Thanks for the offer but I think I'm gonna stay here Mom." I opened the door and handed her the list, "Just please get everything on this list, and I'd like a cheese pizza, small, NO meat, thanks" I shut the door again and took her silence and echoing footsteps as an ok. As for the 'no meat' part I don't eat the stuff, messes up my stomach bad. Looking around the room, I ended up on my luggage, my as well unpack.
I carefully set my laptop, Ipod charger, and speakers onto the bed and threw open the dresser drawers, and started to throw my clothes in to them, not bothering to refold them.
I heard the car pull out of the drive way and the engine slowly fade, I smiled, they where gone, I had just set me Ipod onto the speaker dock too. Opening my duffel bag I started to pick out stuff and drop it on the ground, none of it was what I wanted; lastly I pulled out one of my four packs of Salem cigarettes. Whipping out my coffin shaped Zippo from my pocket, and lit up.
For a few seconds, I stood still letting the nicotine and chemicals rush through my body, and for a few seconds I felt light headed. Finally exhaling I smirked and walked towards the door, maybe this few weeks won't be so bad.
© Copyright 2006 S.F. (natural_freak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180627-Sealed-with-a-kiss-of-dynamite