*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180433-St-Nicholas-Skit
Rated: E · Script/Play · Comedy · #1180433
15 minute-long skit for advent program for 3-10 yr. olds
St. Nicholas Skit



Characters
:
St. Nicholas
poor girl
poor mother (&/or father)

Props:
Bishop robes, miter & staff
three bags of gold coins
lantern


The poor girl is crying out in the hall as the kids arrive. The poor mother invites the kids to sit down and rest. She asks some of them their names & where they’re from. She introduces the Bishop, Nicholas.

Mother: This is our Bishop, Nicholas. God sent him to us.

St. Nicholas: (to the girl) Why are you crying?

Poor girl: Boo hoo! We are so poor that my father can’t pay for me to get married. No one will marry me if I have no money. Boo hoo!

Mother: (to the kids) I prayed and prayed that God would help us. Now there is a mystery! While we were sleeping the last two nights someone tossed gold inside our window. It landed in our shoes! It is enough for two of my daughters to get married! (i)(c:blue}(she shows the kids two bags of gold)

Poor Girl: But there still isn’t enough for me to get married. Oh, Boo hoo!

Mother: (to the kids) Who could be putting the money in our house? Can you help us figure out this mystery?

[kids say yes]

Mother: Hide in the village and see who is doing this wonderful thing for us! Then we can thank him properly. Let’s take off our shoes so we can sneak quietly into the village. (Everyone puts their shoes against the wall. St. Nicholas stays behind out in the hall while Mother leads the kids on stage and directs them to find a hiding place. Mother & daughter go inside the house. Make snoring sounds. While the kids are on stage, volunteers put bags of candy in the kids’ shoes.)

Once the kids are settled, St. Nicholas sneaks into the village, holding a lantern, looking furtively around. He tosses a bag of gold into the window, then crouches behind a bush. Mother & girl run out of the house.

Poor Girl: (leaping around holding a bag of gold) I can get married! I can get married!  (singing)Here comes the bride...

Mother: (to the kids) Did you see who did it? Where is he? Bring him to me!

[kids point out St. Nicholas]

Mother: Bishop Nicholas! It is you! Thank you for helping us. But why were you sneaking around?

Nicholas: I wanted to help you, but I didn’t want you to make a fuss over me. God has answered your prayer. He alone deserves your praise.

(St. Nicholas leads them singing Joy to the World. St. Nicholas & the mother then lead the kids out to get their shoes.)

© Copyright 2006 Lobelia is truly blessed (mamahobbit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180433-St-Nicholas-Skit