*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180563-Rebellious-Times
by RoYal
Rated: E · Short Story · Scientific · #1180563
'Rebellious Times' is a short story I wrote for school.It plays in the future.
Part I

The old-fashioned digital alarm-clock displayed 6:00 am, as Memphis Raines got out of the old but comfortable hotel-bed. He still wasn’t used to the European time and he felt like getting up at 12 at night, the time it was at his actual home, his apartment in New York City. When he had been at home, he’d always complain about New York’s noise and the hectic atmosphere surrounding everyone in this city. But no one could imagine how much he missed all the noise of New York City in this town, where everything was quiet. Prague was one of the few European towns, that was very “vintage”, as they said. Memphis Raines called it overage. He felt uncomfortable here, but he had no choice, he had to stay anyways. At least until his job was finished. What his job was? If you’d ask him this question, he’d just look at you. Look at you with that gaze and you’d never ask again. He was a real talented mystery-monger. Because of that, he had become, what he was now. While he was brushing his teeth, his cell phone rang somewhere in his pockets. “Where the heck is this stupid thing??!” , Memphis grumbled while searching through his jeans.Those new cell phones were only as big as a thumb.
He thought about his dad´s old cell phone from 2006, incredibly big and not functional at all. "But at least he found it when it rang", Memphis thought. Finally, he found his, too. It was lighting up green, that meant NYC was on the line."Yea", Memphis answered, his tooth-brush still in his mouth. "Raines, this is Bob. How is everything going?" 'Bob' was only a pseudonym for his Boss, Henry Waters. Everything got eavesdropped by the government. "Oh hey Bob, everything's fine. Linda is playing with the kids outside and I'mma join them in a few minutes." "Okay, fine, but be careful. I heard kids can be very sceptical sometimes. They watch their back." "Okay, got it. Bye." Snap!! What sounded like a normal conversation for everyone else, made Memphis Raines look around nervously. The Czech knew they were here. His partner, Linda, was in danger now. If they got her, America would be in big trouble. He started to pack his stuff hectically. Then he left the old hotel in the city of Prague quickly.
To be continued....
© Copyright 2006 RoYal (en_vogue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1180563-Rebellious-Times