*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181531-Another-Event-in-My-Darling-Family
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Experience · #1181531
I adore being the only woman is a household of five.
         It was an early night time in my small home of five and I was getting very giddy. My two oldest boys were running wild, playing with toy guns that shot tiny soft arrows at each other. The youngest was glued to the television, watching Dora the Explorer, his favorite show.

         The kids were wound up solid, laughing happily as the arrows flew wildly through the air. Their father was in his own world, sitting on the couch and reading a book.

         My son Jordan comes flying towards me and shoots me right upside the head. My husband saw this from the corner of his eye and replies, "That's it, get your mother." with a twinkle in his darling blue eyes. That shifts Jordan into overdrive, and he leaps upon me with the intention of wrestling with me.

         "Ah-ha!" I had different plans long learned from experiences in our active family and being so gender out numbered. I quickly scooped my boy underneath me on our couch and lightly sitting on him proceeded to hold his free arm out stretched tickling his armpit. He was helpless, I had the hold. The tears of laughter were flowing like a broken dam and tormenting him, I asked, "Who you love, boy?"

         My husband smiles, raising his head from his book, and replies, "His father, of course." I continued my assault, and by golly, I didn't let up when we were interrupted.

         Jordan's dad tried to pull our son out of my hold which in turn became a four person wrestle match,the three of them, my two sons and my husband, against little old me. I prevailed with a lot of determination and squirming. We kept laughing and were damp with sweat until my husband and sons called a truce.

         Sometimes I truly adore being the only girl in this wonderful family. I get special treatment. *Smile*


Another darling moment with my family.
© Copyright 2006 StaiNed-House Targaryen (staine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181531-Another-Event-in-My-Darling-Family